As a Top 25 builder, developer, and EPC, our expertise spans markets like sports, renewable energy, data centers, healthcare, and more. We are builders at heart, working to ensure the built environment has a lasting positive impact.
Let's Redefine Possible
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Design Phase Manager with electrical expertise who will provide electrical design phase activities for one or more concurrent data center projects inclusive of project estimating, business partner selection, preliminary schedule, design development, quality control, and planning for the commissioning of the MEP scope of work. The base compensation range for this role is $125,000 - $188,000. This range is adjusted for Denver, CO by increasing the overall range by 5%
Provide input and participate in the identification, development, preparation, and presentation for the acquisition of new projects
- Review electrical options, generate systems analysis, and provide system options for a data center project
- Work with Engineer(s) of Record to understand and communicate electrical scope to trade contractors and owner.
- Providing meaningful input to the project's programming and conceptual design activities
- Coordinate and participate with Mortenson's Building Performance in life cycle cost analysis during MEP system selection
- Review documents from project award through buyout for system sizing, coordination, interface, and constructability, and logistics solutions. Identify potential issues in the appropriate engineering discipline
- Provide and/or participate in value alternative development with dollar magnitudes
- Participate in value alternative review sessions for mechanical and electrical disciplines
- Present electrical estimate details to clients and engineers
- Prepare budgetary electrical estimates based on program and schematic design information
- Assist the bid team in analyzing market conditions and developing a bid list
- Lead and/or participate in the electrical business partner selection process including soliciting business partners, preparing estimate narratives (scope definition), coordinating design input, developing bid packages, proposal analysis, and final selection.
- Provide consistent support for project team(s) and on-site MEP resources during construction to ensure our MEP business partners meet scope, quality and schedule performance goals established during design
- Evaluate mechanical and electrical changes from business partners
- Assist Project Manager in contract development for MEP business partner
Integrating 3D/4D modeling technology into the preconstruction phase of the projects
- Minimum of 6 years of engineering and construction experience with expertise in electrical
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field
- PE license is strongly preferred
This position could require travel up to 50%.
Benefits offered to non-craft, non-union, full-time team members include:
- Medical and prescription drug plans - choice between two affordable HSA-eligible medical plans that include vision coverage, expert medical second opinion, tobacco cessation program and fertility benefits
- Dental plan
- 401k retirement plan with generous matching and profit-sharing contributions
- Paid time off, holidays, bereavement, parental leave and other paid leaves
- Life, AD&D, business travel accident and disability insurance
- Employee assistance program and online mental health tool and concierge
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- Gym Membership Discount Program
- Identity Theft Protection
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Mortenson reserves the right to hire any individual without legal or financial obligation on unwanted solicitations. No agency emails, calls, or solicitations are accepted without a valid agreement.