Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service, and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 40 plus times regionally over the past decade...
...What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Electrical Superintendent in our Power Delivery Services Group with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive, and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities as they arise; along with the capability to creatively problem solve and bring together viable solutions. This individual will provide coordination and supervision of electricians and crews on solar project sites.
Locations: Arkansas, Iowa, Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, Nevada, North Carolina & Wyoming
Coordinate work projects within the electrical scope of the solar site
- Partner with the Electrical Superintendent in electrical material, equipment sizing, and site utilization plan
- Work with the Electrical Superintendent in the development of project schedules and updates, and the creation of 3 3-week look-ahead
- Ensure work teams have needed resources and support
- Supervise and ensure quality control of the work team, including self-performed and subcontracted work
- Attend and participate in project meetings, and act as the liaison between field engineers and contractors or craft workers to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications
Supervise and provide leadership for the electrical team
- Coach, mentor, and train crafts
- Establish and nurture a teamwork environment, promoting inclusivity, and valuing diversity
- Monitor work progress and performance of crafts, forepersons, and subcontractors
- Implement and monitor Mortenson's Zero Injury Safety Program at the project site
Other duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain relationships with all visitors to the site: customers, architects, union representatives, subcontractors, etc
- Manage site work and logistics efficiently, providing suggestions for improvement
Lead subcontractors and suppliers for the project
- Supervise budget and make recommendations for subcontractors and trade partners
- Lead project buyout with subcontractors and trade partners
- Facilitate and lead meetings between subcontractors related to project coordination
- Looking for applicants who hold an electrical license journeymen card
- Ability to travel up to 100% to remote locations (keep home base wherever you choose)
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent experience
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Possess a basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Minimum five years of construction/supervision experience, working with medium and high-voltage projects
- Experience with self-perform projects
- Current driver's license
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position.
** No Agency emails, calls or solicitations accepted **