Aon is looking for a Customer Service Specialist I
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Aon's Affinity business group within the Healthcare department. This position will be Hybrid with 2 days in the Fort Washington, PA office. As a Customer Service Specialist, you will report to the Customer Service Manager.
Your impact as a Customer Service Specialist I
- Provide telephone support answering client inquires via multiple 800# lines while meeting process and quality standards.
- Complete a variety of day-to-day client service transactions, including policy endorsements, certificates, binders, cancellations, or other necessary tasks as needed.
- Evaluate client needs and make appropriate coverage recommendations.
- Provide support and service for new and renewal business and for correspondence and midterm changes and complete all client service requests within targeted timelines.
- Perform research to answer coverage inquiries.
- Provide support to other members of the business and special projects as required
- Follow department procedures to clearly and appropriately document accounts.
- Provide excellent customer service to our insureds
- Interact with customers, clients, insurance carriers and internal sources providing information about coverage verbally and in written form.
You bring knowledge and expertise
- Life and Health License required, Property and Casualty not required but nice to have.
- 3 + years customer service experience in the insurance or financial services industry
- Professional and courteous telephone skills when talking to customers and internal colleagues
- Attention to detail and quality
- Ability to multi-task and handle high volume of calls efficiently and accurately
- Demonstrated skills and abilities to be goal-oriented and solve complex issues
- Learn multiple products to support revenue growth for program business
- Possess excellent written communication skills for customer correspondence
- Ability to provide excellent quality service to customers
- Demonstrated ability in handling details and key follow up capability
- Strong MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) skills required.
- Reporting tools experience- - Analytical experience; reviewing and analyzing report data
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Customer Service or Underwriting Assistant experience in the insurance industry
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two "Global Wellbeing Days" each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognize that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, domestic partner status, or other legally protected status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer. People with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The salary range for this position is $35,000 to $40,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant's education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary may also be adjusted based on applicant's geographic location.
We Offer You
Aon offers a comprehensive package of benefits for full-time and regular part-time colleagues, including, but not limited to: a 401(k) savings plan with employer contributions; an employee stock purchase plan; consideration for long-term incentive awards at Aon's discretion; medical, dental and vision insurance, various types of leaves of absence, paid time off, including 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, 15 days of paid vacation per year, paid sick leave as provided under state and local paid sick leave laws, short-term disability and optional long-term disability, health savings account, health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts, employee and dependent life insurance and supplemental life and AD&D insurance; optional personal insurance policies, adoption assistance, tuition assistance, commuter benefits, and an employee assistance program that includes free counseling sessions. Eligibility for benefits is governed by the applicable plan documents and policies.