Aon Global Risk Consulting is looking for a Casualty Risk Consultant
We have an excellent career opportunity in our Casualty Risk Consulting practice for a safety/ergonomic professional, working as a risk control consultant to Aon clients. This position may be based in NE United States, but with potential client responsibilities throughout the United States.
- Completing diagnostic loss analyses and qualitative reviews to identify trends and financial improvement impact for our clients.
- Conducting risk assessments and safety training via client interface (including safety/prevention program review, site observations and client interviews) with a focus on operational improvement and financial exposure mitigation.
- Developing and implementing risk management and injury prevention strategies (long and short term) and supporting, as well as fulfilling some portions of the tactical plans to control risk related costs.
- Preparing Statements of Work and/or proposals articulating service plans and deliverable work product.
- Using project management skills to assure goals and objectives are appropriate and aligned with services delivered to exceed client expectations.
- Delivering onsite visit and project reports summarizing services delivered and measurable results achieved.
- Working collaboratively with teams including 1.) casualty claims staff to execute initiatives for post loss strategies and 2.) insurance carrier representatives where appropriate. Teams are virtual in many cases.
- Supporting business development to Aon offices by rapidly gaining an understanding of client needs, Casualty Risk Control service offerings; and articulating conceptual strategies and Aon resources to appropriately control exposures and costs.
- Areas of focus include: Workers' Compensation/Occupational Safety, Ergonomics, Fleet/Driver Safety, General and Product Liability
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, accountability, and stewardship -- applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks; foster innovation; champion for change and replicate best practices.
- Technical skills in addressing client loss drivers and exposure potential from an operational standpoint including safety/ergonomic program development, training, and assessment processes.
- Proficiency in computer applications and data management tools (e.g., Microsoft Office applications)
- Project management experience (budget responsibilities, quality, timeliness, specific metrics, progress tracking, etc.) with understanding and application of pre and post loss management consulting, including occupational and fleet safety experience (regulated and non-regulated)
- Ability to interpret a variety of data (loss information, statistics, etc.) to create client-facing, complementary strategic and tactical improvement plans.
- Capacity to evaluate complex circumstances and adapt in "real time" as situations and others' opinions evolve.
- Capacity to work effectively on multiple tasks at any given time with minimal supervision and meet expected deadlines.
- Provide critique(s) directly (in person or in writing) to improve clients' risk profile
- Demonstration of exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Experience in articulating project scope, value proposition and return on investment for business development related tasks; Communication is done both internally and to clients as directed
- Multiple industry experience - manufacturing, construction, healthcare, hospitality, service and/or wholesale and distribution
- Professional certifications (e.g., Certified Safety Professional, Certified Professional Ergonomist) a plus
TRAVEL: Approximately 30-35% overnight travel
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor of Science/Art or Master Level in Safety, Occupational Health, Engineering or related technical major.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Five or more years in safety/risk management in insurance consultation or industry. Specific job title to be commensurate with experience level, technical expertise and/or specialization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two "Global Wellbeing Days" each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognize that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, domestic partner status, or other legally protected status.
We welcome applications from all and provide individuals with disabilities with reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application, interview process and to perform essential job functions once onboard. If you would like to learn more about the reasonable accommodations we provide, email
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The salary range for this position is $85,000 to $120,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant's education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary may also be adjusted based on applicant's geographic location.
This position is eligible to participate in one of Aon's annual incentive plans to receive annual discretionary bonus in addition to base salary. The amount of any bonus varies and is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable incentive plan.
Aon offers a comprehensive package of benefits for full-time and regular part-time colleagues, including, but not limited to: a 401(k) savings plan with employer contributions; an employee stock purchase plan; consideration for long-term incentive awards at Aon's discretion; medical, dental and vision insurance, various types of leaves of absence, paid time off, including 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, 15 days of paid vacation per year, paid sick leave as provided under state and local paid sick leave laws, short-term disability and optional long-term disability, health savings account, health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts, employee and dependent life insurance and supplemental life and AD&D insurance; optional personal insurance policies, adoption assistance, tuition assistance, commuter benefits, and an employee assistance program that includes free counseling sessions. Eligibility for benefits is governed by the applicable plan documents and policies.