Swing Shift (Monday-Thursday 4pm- 2:30am)
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we're as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we're proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: "It's perfect. Now make it better." As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Our Distribution Centers utilize state-of-the-art technology and a dedicated team to provide Columbia Sportswear Company a competitive advantage in distribution. Teams are responsible for shipping millions of units of apparel, footwear, and equipment annually within the family of brands. Accurate order fulfillment and on-time shipments are the hallmarks of our facility.
As the Area Manager, you will engage cross-functionally with our internal teams and help lead and organize production flow. The Area Manager will bring their people leadership skills to engage with their team and peers to drive data-driven decision-making.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Supervise the assigned area and its employees.This Includes scheduling employees to ensure adequate department coverage. Monitor workflow, anticipate changes and adjust staffing as needed. Work with the coordinator in training department personnel in proper work methods and ensuring these methods are followed.
- Protect well-being and safety of department personnel by training employees in safe work practices. Confirm that these practices are being followed, through supervision and follow-through. Ensure that all equipment is safe, in good working order and properly maintained.
- Coordinate with other departments and technical support staff to ensure smooth flow of information and product.
- Coordinate with the department manager to ensure proper staffing of temporary help and full-time positions.
- Maintain efficiency and production goals for individuals and the department.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization
- Able to deal with ambiguity and work in an evolving business environment
- Capable of collaborating well with individuals from various countries and cultures
- Comfortable to deal with work and time pressures to accomplish job requirements inefficiently and effectively
- Analytical and Data-Driven
- 3-5 years' experience in warehouse operations in progressively responsible positions. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Possess working knowledge of warehouse operations, computerized distribution systems, and intermediate level of computer skills
- Mental ability to conduct interpersonal interactions with company personnel.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions independently and with discretion.
- Physical ability to use telephone, move freely around the Distribution Center, stoop, crouch, sit and stand for extended periods of time, regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds and push up to 80 pounds.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company. Columbia Sportswear is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The Know Your Rights poster is available here: https://www.eeoc.gov/poster The pay transparency policy is available here: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf Columbia Sportswear is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify your recruiter.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.