Supervises machine assembly workers through daily tasks and strategic planning, while driving safety, quality, and housekeeping excellence. Continuously engaged and coordinating with peer Supervisors, leadership, and support functions. Maintains production schedule to meet quantity and quality requirements, including the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates with other supervisors, scheduling, warehouse, shipping, and quality to ensure work is being performed in order needed and as specified.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers and assigns duties; Works with engineer to implement flow of materials through department and develop physical layout of machines according to work orders; adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules upon approval
- Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards
- Reports any process and equipment problems
- Analyzes and/or assists workers in solving work problems or issues
- Maintains time attendance and production records to ensure that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are followed
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product; suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew
- Technical or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- HS diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 4 years of related assembly supervision/operation experience. Experience supervising union employees is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong overall knowledge of plant assembly operation processes
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze problems and solve work related issues
- Strong knowledge of MS suites including Excel & Outlook preferred
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, such as SAP, Oracle, or BAAN
Let's create a cleaner future together
Clean is changing.Today, cleaning is a key contributor to health and safety, and a new clean is emerging, driven by technology and innovation. At Nilfisk we are a driving force in this development, and we work as one team with one agenda, supporting each other across an exciting, dynamic organization. Being part of Nilfisk means having the freedom to speak your mind and do what you do best. You will thrive by having a hands-on approach and the drive to bring your great ideas to life. At Nilfisk you can lead, innovate and collaborate for a cleaner future. Are you ready to make a change?
We embrace diversity and equality with an environment of inclusion. We encourage everyone to apply for the position, regardless of origin, race, ethnicity, religion, physical or mental ability, gender, gender-identity or expression, sexual orientation, and age.
Nilfisk offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Basic and Supplemental Life, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account with Company Contribution, 401K with Company Match, Long and Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Legal Plan, Parental Leave, Paid Vacation and Sick Time, Paid Volunteer Day, Tuition Reimbursement, Wellness Reimbursement, Scholarship opportunities, etc.
Job applicant FAQ
Do you have questions regarding the recruitment process or alike? Please visit our.
Nilfisk, Inc., is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Equal opportunity It is the policy of Nilfisk not to discriminate any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Nilfisk to take action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.