We are excited to be adding an energetic, people-skilled, and enthusiastic attorney with a sharp legal mind and commercial savviness to our global organization! This person will be working as the integrated US arm of our global Group Legal team the rest of which is situated in our corporate headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of many US aspects of our legal strategy, always with the required backing from the entire Group Legal team, and will be a key contributor to the company's global growth, including the possibility to expand and grow into tasks that are non-US related over time.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global, swiftly growing, and transforming company with a deep heritage and work with a dedicated and proven team in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced international environment.
The Group Legal team covers our global business and currently counts 8 FTEs. In the Group Legal team, we aim to be trusted business partners to key stakeholders across our global organization. We are expected to deliver outstanding legal advice and sparring, always with a commercial outcome-focused approach within all legal areas relevant to support our strategic business goals. The responsibilities of the US member of our team involve a broad scope of tasks within corporate and commercial law, including to:
- Function as the Group Legal team's "feet on the ground" in the US and effectively promote the team and develop great relations with people primarily across our US organization but also in other business units across the Americas and the rest of the globe.
- Manage all day-to-day US domestic legal work in coordination with our worldwide legal team.
- Manage and oversee outside US legal counsels as required.
- Review, draft, maintain, and negotiate various commercial contracts covering, inter alia, vendor agreements, customer agreements, distribution agreements, NDAs, government bids, end-user license and service agreements, asset sale agreements, and partner agreements. Develop ongoing strategies, processes, and forms for the contracts area.
- Work closely with sales and channels teams to negotiate and close deals with customers and partners.
- Manage product liability claims, other disputes, and lawsuits in cooperation with external counsel including seeking appropriate settlement authority.
- Manage legal aspects of corporate transactions.
- Contribute to developing ongoing contract strategies and processes for the contracts team and communicate such strategies and processes to Nilfisk business teams and outside legal counsel.
- Spot legal and business issues in proposed business solutions and communicate them clearly to relevant stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with colleagues and other subject matter experts on the legal angles of various business matters.
- Some travel is to be expected (10-15 days per year).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school; Member in good standing of the State of Minnesota Bar.
- Minimum of 3 years' of legal experience in a law firm or corporate setting with experience in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating legal/ business agreements.
- Experience researching and interpreting federal and/or state law and regulations across US states.
- Ability to distill complex legal issues to key components and clearly articulate strategies to address associated risks.
- Strong business acumen with a proven ability to drive the practical application of legal concepts in a business setting.
- Energetic and collaborative with exacting attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively interact with team members at all levels of an organization.
- An aspiration to grow personally and professionally with a self-motivated drive to seek, meet and solve challenges independently focusing on delivering commercial results while also being motivated to cherish guidance from and collaborate closely with other colleagues within the global legal team.
Let's create a cleaner future together
Clean is changing.Today, cleaning is a key contributor to health and safety, and a new clean is emerging, driven by technology and innovation. At Nilfisk we are a driving force in this development, and we work as one team with one agenda, supporting each other across an exciting, dynamic organization. Being part of Nilfisk means having the freedom to speak your mind and do what you do best. You will thrive by having a hands-on approach and the drive to bring your great ideas to life. At Nilfisk you can lead, innovate and collaborate for a cleaner future. Are you ready to make a change?
We embrace diversity and equality with an environment of inclusion. We encourage everyone to apply for the position, regardless of origin, race, ethnicity, religion, physical or mental ability, gender, gender-identity or expression, sexual orientation, and age.
Nilfisk offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Basic and Supplemental Life, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account with Company Contribution, 401K with Company Match, Long and Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Legal Plan, Parental Leave, Paid Vacation and Sick Time, Paid Volunteer Day, Tuition Reimbursement, Wellness Reimbursement, Scholarship opportunities, etc.
Job applicant FAQ
Do you have questions regarding the recruitment process or alike? Please visit our.
Nilfisk, Inc., is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Equal opportunity It is the policy of Nilfisk not to discriminate any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Nilfisk to take action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.