Current Employees and Contractors Apply HereOsaic Careers
At Osaic, we support financial professionals nationwide, the people who help everyday Americans achieve their dreams. We're a billion-dollar business with the mentality and drive of a startup. Join us in building something special.
Corporate Finance Leadership Opportunity in Financial Services
Finance Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
20 E Thomas Road | Phoenix, AZ 85012
7755 3rd St North | Oakdale, MN 55128
Role Type:Full Time (Remote)
This position is open to all qualified candidates in Phoenix, Arizona or Minneapolis, Minnesota metro areas. Both hybrid and remote.
The Manager, FP&A, is responsible for providing financial insight as well as leadership and direction in support of Osaic's Financial Planning & Reporting group of the Corporate Finance function, which broadly encompasses financial analysis, forecasting, management reporting, budget planning, and management and financial reporting. In this capacity, the FP&A Manager will play a leading role help the President of Advice & Wealth Management build segment level financials, various planning and reporting efforts within the group while developing and managing direct reports and relationships with key leaders/stakeholders within different business units.
- Develops / maintains complex financial models as part of the company's forecasting, budgeting, and annual planning processes (weekly flashes, monthly reporting, annual planning/budgeting)
- Determine the best approach to analyzing and synthesizing data and work independently to solve complex problems
- Assesses the financial and economic performance of various businesses through a detailed understanding of revenue and cost drivers, identifying ways to increase growth and profitability
- Work with specific units in the context of regular financial monitoring, evaluation of new initiatives, budgeting, forecasting, and performance improvement
- Monitors performance of various business units and departments (including variance analyses) and prepares periodic reports for senior management
- Maintains forecasting, budget, and key operating metrics and databases within applicable systems
- Assists with implementation of new tools and systems
- Assists in the producing analysis and recommendations for senior management concerning strategic business decisions
- Helps to improve current finance processes through simplification and/or automation
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with colleagues across business units/departments to foster an effective cross-functional working environment and collaborative spirit
- Manage and direct a team of financial analysts.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related area of study is required.
- Master's degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in FP&A, finance or business analysis role
- 3-5 years' experience managing individuals
- Advanced financial modeling and analysis skills required
- Solid knowledge of financial statements, corporate finance, and accounting principles required
- Expert proficiency in the use of business applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated with demonstrated experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Self-starter who will anticipate challenges and work proactively to resolve issues
- Comfortable working within an entrepreneurial, "roll-up your sleeves" environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with a customer service mentality
Current Employees and Contractors Apply Here
- Prior financial services industry experience preferred (wealth management, investment management, broker-dealer, insurance, banking, specialty finance)
- Experience with financial reporting and general ledger applications tools (Workday Financials) a plus