Business Unit Overview
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
Hopkins, MN is home to our Michael Foods, Inc. corporate headquarters. Hopkins is located 7 miles west of Minneapolis, boasting natural surroundings in a suburban environment that also provides quick access to major travel ways and local restaurants that give our community a distinct character. Located in the Excelsior Crossing building where employees are provided with beautifully landscaped walking paths and water features creating an optimal environment for outdoor and walking meetings, along with the opportunity to take a relaxing walk or outdoor lunch before, within, or after your work day.
This position is responsible for preparation and analysis of pricing and revenue for the Commercial business. Revenue management support includes understanding volume and pricing impacts on revenue, annual planning and forecast projections, calculating monthly revenue risks & opportunities, month-end variance explanations, and ad-hoc analysis as needed. Pricing responsibilities include partnering with sales to develop customer pricing and agreements.
Developing strong partnerships with Sales Management and other functional areas is key to success. This is a hands-on manager role with direct leadership responsibilities, including providing work direction and career development to Financial Analyst(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs preparation and analysis of pricing. This includes partnering with Sales to develop pricing, facilitate pricing approvals, and ensure accurate execution of pricing.
- Understands and articulates pricing and margin impacts driven by changes to commodity inputs, manufacturing costs, and profit expectations.
- Provides pricing recommendations to leadership.
- Leads preparation and administration of customer agreements/commitments from information provided by Sales team.
- Responsible for analyzing and articulating key drives of month-end variances for volumes and revenue, with a focus on price, mix, and volume impacts.
- Leads development of monthly revenue risks and opportunities, including impacts of commodity input changes, price changes, and other revenue drivers.
- Leads the preparation, analysis, and communication of annual profit planning activities and forecasts. This includes volume, revenue, and selling and marketing expense assumptions and modeling.
- Monitors and assures business process compliance. In addition, improves existing processes, analysis capabilities, and tools.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis, special projects, and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- 7+ years' experience in Finance or Accounting with focus in FP&A. Food or other manufacturing industry experience preferable.
- Clear communicator with strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop relationships and influence across the organization.
- Experience leading and improving processes and tools. Strong modeling skills preferred.
- Direct leadership experience or equivalent people leadership required.
- Highly proficient in Excel and ERP solutions (preferably SAP).
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.