Primary Locations:MN, South St. Paul, 405 Hardman Avenue South, 55075
The Davey Tree Expert Company is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Technical Advisor in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, with responsibilities for supporting Davey offices in Minnesota and Michigan.
Davey Tree is the world's largest full-service tree care company and one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States! Founded in 1880, Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchange of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in arboricultural, horticultural, turf, utility, commercial landscaping, and environmental services. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain diverse employees and we prioritize supporting an equitable and inclusive professional environment.
- Assist Davey Service Lines in strategic, growth-oriented projects and program level initiatives.
- Provide expert technical support to field personnel via phone, email, and in person consultation.
- Travel frequently to assist with field diagnostics and prescriptions.
- Develop and assist with teaching training programs for Davey personnel.
- Develop and assist with research projects including evaluating products and services.
- Produce and review internal and external technical and marketing literature.
- Assist Davey Managers in preparing bids and meeting with prospects and key clients.
- Maintain industry visibility through speaking and publishing trade conferences and publications.
- M.S. or PhD in horticulture, forestry, soil science, plant protection, turf, or related disciplines.
- Knowledge of tree and shrub identification, ecology, culture, and management.
- Extension or other educational outreach experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a collegial team.
- Ability to teach and co-teach in person and via written and remote technologies.
- Comfort and experience with public and client-directed presentations and publications.
- Computer literate and able to assist with preparation of reports and Davey literature.
- Ability and willingness to travel often regionally and occasionally nationally.
- Experience with research and experimental design preferred.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary.
- Purchasing card for travel, teaching, and research expenditures.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase Davey stock at a discount after one year of service.
- 401k with employer match available after one year of service.
- Employer sponsored health, vision, dental, life and short-term disability coverage options.
- Reimbursement for industry related certifications.
- Paid leave including vacation, sick days, and maternal/paternal leave.
- Davey provides ongoing training and career advancement opportunities.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at or at.
Job Type:Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 50%