Mechanic Tool Technician performs duties required to maintain a quality service outlet for the repair of Hilti equipment. Maximize productivity within Repair Operations while delivering high-quality, timely repairs of Hilti tools and enhancing the value-added image associated with owning a Hilti tool. Provide best-in-class tool repair service in support of Hilti's Lifetime Service value proposition.Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.What does the role involve?
- Maintain superior technical knowledge and skills through continuous professional development by studying and reviewing on-line repair manuals, schematics, and technical files.
- Perform high quality repairs to Hilti products through proper problem diagnosis and application of prescribed corrective measures while utilizing appropriate tools and systems.
- Use hand scanners to receive, diagnose, pick spare parts, repair, and complete the repair of Hilti tools.
- Conduct final functional and safety testing after every repair to ensure customer safety.
- Through continuous inventory, accurate picking of spare parts, and identifying and increasing inadequate safety stock levels, assist in maintaining adequate parts inventory and ensuring best-in-class repair service to Hilti customers.
- Assist Senior Repair Technician in maintaining rapport and communication through daily contact with customers and/or sales personnel.
- Provide data and information to Hilti quality and product managers that are used to identify potential improvements to the overall quality and safety of Hilti tools.
- Maintain work areas, tools, and assigned equipment in a proper, organized order thus enabling the incumbent to perform the job in a timely, safe, and efficient manner.
- Follow company policies, procedures, and rules.
- Follow and abide to the company's culture, values, and principles.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
What do we offer?
Our logistics operation is special because we own our whole supply chain, something that's almost unique for a company of our size.
We'll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you'll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.What you need is:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in mechanical or electrical repairs.
- Experience using Windows applications required.
- Read blueprints.
- Assembling or equivalent experience required.
- Occasionally lift up to 70 lbs.
- Stand for long periods of time and perform repetitive reaching, bending, and climbing.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours daily while performing tool repairs at workstation.
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.