Pay Rate: $17.90/hr - $43.38/hr depending on background and experience.
This position is eligible to participate in the Guitar Center Company bonus program based on Company performance.
The job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education, and other factors. The pay range(s) listed are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
Why Guitar Center? Here's just some of the rewards:
For our employees who are musicians we offer the unique opportunity of gig leave-take time off to share your music with the world and return to your job after your tour! Guitar Center offers robust benefits and perks, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plus company match, mental health support, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, employee discount program, and tuition reimbursement options.
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
As our Customer Service Manager, you will be responsible managing all sales and margin generating activities of our sales associates, ensuring that the sales floor is properly set and that the staff is properly engaged to provide a great customer experience, all while creating and nurturing our culture of integrity, inclusion, musical passion, and respect.
A few special characteristics that make our Customer Service Managers successful:
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Good team player, able to build good working relationships with others.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers.
- Delegation: Able to delegate both routine and significant tasks and decisions. Assesses employees' readiness and ability and assigns tasks that are appropriate to their skill level. Follows up as needed and share both responsibility and accountability.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so. Interested in learning about the entire business.
- Performance Management: Able to lead, manage, and mentor others. Able to lead by example and develop the skills and capabilities of direct reports to ensure goals are met. Provides effective positive and constructive feedback.
- Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
As our Customer Service Manager, you will:
- Achieving sales, margin, and EBITDA targets for the store
- Create a great customer experience, including any customer service issues, ensuring the sales floor is clean, organized, and ready for the customers
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to all associates, manage completion of and timeliness on all Guitar Center University activities including annual performance reviews
- Assist the Operations team with large merchandising projects, including the execution of all in-store promotions
- Take part in the interview process for all candidates that apply to the store. Onboard and train newly hired sales associates
- Communicating and collaborate with the Store Manager and Operations Manager
- Proper scheduling of the sales floor with appropriate staff levels
- Acting manager in charge when necessary
- Opening and closing of the store
- Additional duties as assigned
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1-818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to .
- 3+ years of relevant work experience working in retail or in warehouse setting
- Valid state driver's license and automotive insurance.
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to work in a loud environment for 5-8 hours.
- Must be able to work weekends, holiday, and evenings.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Associates Degree
- Understanding of retail systems and processes
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.