Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor will be expected to oversee and support efforts in the maintenance of physical plant systems and the building. Work will center around ensuring the coordination, installation, maintenance and repair of plant production systems, equipment, machines, and tools. Success in this position requires the ability to work with complex machinery and perform physically demanding work while ensuring the safety of self and others. This role is based in a Zinpro manufacturing plant.
- Supports Plant Leadership in determining maintenance-related work priorities and ensures execution of maintenance work priorities at the plant
- Facilitates the repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations
- Supervises a small team and ensures performance toward objectives and alignment with overall strategic organizational deliverables. Provides developmental coaching and ensures team members' ongoing professional growth.
- Ensures training delivery & employee proficiency
- Supports and executes the maintenance of building and ventilation equipment; performs minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, and other related maintenance activities
- Enforces plant equipment maintenance and calibration program. Schedules maintenance, manages maintenance records, and requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for maintenance.
- Collaborates with management to resolve maintenance problems and plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures to improve operations
- Ensures management is properly notified about needs for major repairs to Plant equipment or additions to lighting, heating, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years' experience in plant operations and/or maintenance
- Basic computer skills (PC) including use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Previous experience in a maintenance leadership role such as a Maintenance Lead or Maintenance Supervisor
- Experience supporting ISO 9000 Quality Systems, GMP's, or Lean Manufacturing methods
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee often works near guarded moving mechanical equipment and may handle toxic or hazardous chemicals
- The employee is frequently exposed to heights, confined spaces, and hot and cold conditions
- The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or crawl
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
This position is expected to work within core business hours and requires participation in after-hours meetings with plant personnel on other shifts.
This position will work primarily at their home manufacturing plant facility and may engage in occasional company-sponsored travel.
Core Values and Competencies
Must represent the following skills and qualities that align with Zinpro's Core Values:
- Build Trust: We believe in being purposeful with our words and actions. We work to build trust with customers, vendors, and co-workers through being truthful and fulfilling our commitments. We honor our word and are accountable for our actions.
- Win Together: We believe we can better achieve when we work united, internally and with customers. When we embrace and leverage our diverse individual talents with global perspectives, we create a team that's stronger and smarter than any one individual. We are all bound by the belief that when we work together, we can realize greater potential.
- Serve Generously: We believe in putting people first, supporting each other's efforts and treating all with kindness and respect. We work in partnership with customers and ourselves to create opportunities; a win for another is a win for us.
- Always Improve: We believe in what's right and pursuing continuous growth and improvement for customers, our company, and ourselves. Our high expectations drive us to consistently and reliably deliver the highest quality. We work to be better each day.
- Dream Big: We believe advancement starts with an unquenchable curiosity. We embrace the freedom to explore, create, and express ideas without the fear of failure. We always learn from each other and our customers, from our successes and our mistakes.
Zinpro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.