The Suppler Manager manages the external supply base on assigned commodities to achieve the company's business objectives. This position will be dedicated to improving our supply chain performance for assigned commodities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Secures and Manages relationships with assigned suppliers to optimize performance including developing action plans for suppliers relative to supplier score cards, supplier capacity, supporting quality & delivery improvement.
- Manages suppliers for new and existing products and utilizes ERP to ensure material availability in support of the production schedule
- Orchestrates regular site visits key suppliers with Engineering, Quality, & R&D to build strong supplier relationships.
- Identifies and makes recommendations for annual cost reduction and cash flow improvement for assigned commodity categories.
- Performs other tactical duties as required to optimize material flow such as DMT management, supporting engineering changes, maintaining data integrity in the ERP system, etc.
- Manages suppliers including risk management, commodity & supplier strategy development, inventory management, and major problem resolution with assigned suppliers.
- Supports continuous improvement of procurement processes
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, Marketing or related field of study. APICS or SCM education/certification preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of related manufacturing experience in procurement and material planning, including direct experience developing supplier relationship and architecting supplier programs that ensure continuity of supply aligned with forecast production and sales goals.
KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Sound knowledge and training in procurement
- Familiarity with engineering drawings
- Experience with material planning in an ERP environment
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to interact with all functional areas and all organizational levels
- Able to represent the company to suppliers at all levels of management
- Able to manage internal and external supplier relationships
- Must be able to analyze problems and develop improvement plans
- Working conditions: Requires travel
- Experience in lean and/or Six Sigma improvement methodologies preferre
- Proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient knowledge of ERP systems, such as BAAN, Oracle, JDE, or SAP
Let's create a cleaner future together
Clean is changing. Today, cleaning is a key contributor to health and safety, and a new clean is emerging, driven by technology and innovation. At Nilfisk we are a driving force in this development, and we work as one team with one agenda, supporting each other across an exciting, dynamic organization. Being part of Nilfisk means having the freedom to speak your mind and do what you do best. You will thrive by having a hands-on approach and the drive to bring your great ideas to life. At Nilfisk you can lead, innovate and collaborate for a cleaner future. Are you ready to make a change?
Nilfisk, Inc., is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Equal opportunity It is the policy of Nilfisk not to discriminate any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Nilfisk to take action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.