Innovation, a collaborative customer, process improvement, and the ability to implement lessons learned on your next build. It's what our data center roles offer our team members day in and day out. We're building hyper-scale data center campuses and leveraging a program-focused approach. That means our team members meet the demand for complex, MEP-heavy data centers while also growing their careers on these builds. And that demand shows no sign of slowing down.
The data center market demand is on track to increase by almost 22% every year through 2026. That demand has put an unbelievable opportunity in front of technology providers--and the construction companies who build these data centers.
At Mortenson, we believe everyone is a leader. For that reason, every team member is expected to apply our leadership principles - Do the Right Thing, We Before Me, and Inspire What's Possible - in their work. This means we act with dependability, initiative, and a positive attitude to produce high-quality work and deliver an exceptional customer experience. We are on time, productive and consistent in our attendance. We approach work as part of a team, listen to the opinions of others, and cooperate to achieve project goals. We accept direction from supervisors and seek out constructive feedback. We follow rules and procedures to ensure quality work and safeguard the well-being of ourselves and others. We push to exceed the established goals, standards, and accountabilities of our positions to increase quality, safety, and innovation.
All team members are responsible for supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment, as well as positively contributing to our company culture. This begins by aligning with Mortenson's values and ethical standards as stated in the Mortenson Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, in addition to abiding by the procedures and practices outlined in the Mortenson Operations Manual.
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer to review, provide analysis, management, and resolution of field coordination issues with project team members and participants. Excellent communication skills are necessary as you will interact with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success.
- Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus, and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Interpret project plans, specifications, and details for subcontractors and craft persons
- Implement the pre-construction quality plan
- Obtain and maintain all necessary construction permits
- Work with Project Manager for fee payments or recurring permit expenses
- Develop and maintain: Material Tracking List, Project Test, and Inspection Listing, Concrete Placement Log, Non-Conformance Report
- Create, oversee, and distribute contract documents
- Establish handling procedures for electronic documents, including Requests for Information (RFI) and correspondence
- Incorporate all processes and procedures that support the project closeout phase
- Lead all aspects of testing and inspection processes for the construction quality management program
- Implement a three-phase inspection system
- Establish reporting formats, protocols, schedules, and any off-site testing procedures
- Notify the Project Manager and Superintendent promptly of test results or inspection items that do not conform to contract requirements
- Handle submittals
- Set up register in accordance with project specifications
- Obtain the customer/architect's approval
- Prepare project-specific transmittal forms in PCMS
- Coordinate the packaging, review, and processing of submittals
- Expedite submittals to ensure material deliveries are in sync with the project schedule
- Communicate details and requirements for the submittal process to subcontractors and suppliers,
- Issue submittal requirement letters that outline packaging and processing requirements
- Provide periodic updates of the submittal register to the customer or architect
- Coordinate details of various subcontractors, including verifying insurance, preparing paperwork, and requesting final payment from Finance
- Develop and distribute RFIs and Change Orders
- Define and implement procedures for posting revisions and updates to as-build construction documents
- Incorporate subcontractor as-built documentation in the procedures for revising or updating contract documents
- Responsible for the mentoring, management, and timely performance evaluation of field engineers
- Other duties as assigned, including:
- Determine alternative work methods as needed
- Coordinate safety and compliance for all team member
- Maintain schedule of timelines and follow through until completion
- Minimum of three years of related construction experience
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and effectively run multiple tasks
- Possess a basic understanding of construction law and accepted business practices
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, and analytical skills
- Positive and professional attitude and customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Current driver's license
Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience
Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.