The LT Equity team at Allspring is seeking to hire an experienced equity research analyst. The analyst will conduct research and provide support to the team's portfolio managers and analysts. The ideal candidate for the role will have a broader interest, outside of his/her direct responsibilities, in building out the Allspring business and brand. In addition, the position is expected to reside in Minneapolis, MN or Charlotte, NC.
- Performing comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research while incorporating the team's valuation discipline to identify attractive investment opportunities using internal, sell-side, and other external information sources.
- Understanding and presenting key company issues and catalysts efficiently to help the portfolio managers optimize portfolio construction.
- Providing timely recommendations to portfolio managers with the goal of achieving excellent and consistent investment performance (exceeding relative benchmarks and peer groups).
- Developing relationships with company management teams, investor relations personnel, and sell-side analysts.
- Demonstrating consistent outstanding teamwork and communication within the LT Equity team and throughout Allspring.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 3 to 5 years of direct investment research experience
- Ability to provide unique and differentiated insight for industries under coverage
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a small team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong independent thinking skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years' demonstrated experience with fundamental research and valuation skills analyzing companies in a variety of sectors. Experience covering the Financial sector, Banks and Fintech companies a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Client facing experience is a bonus.
- Passion for analysis; winning attitude; entrepreneurial approach; high energy level and professional dedication.
- MBA or an active Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.