**New Starting Wages!! Up to $23.49 starting!**
*Shift differentials of 20%-30%
*up to 3 weeks of vacation, plus paid holidays
*Benefits starting 1st of the month
*Safety Boots, Prescription Safety, Glasses, and Hearing Protection discounts
*401(k) match and discounted stock
*Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term, Long Term, Accident, and Critical Illness insurance
BTD has a wide variety of shifts. Apply today. Got to www.btdmfg.com to see all our openings in MN, IL, and GA.
BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world's top brands. Our 1400+ employees work from four facilities throughout the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Summary: Under general supervision performs a variety of product inspections within production runs. Assists production personnel with technical questions, inspection equipment, QCPs, blueprint reading and written instructions; serves as inspector in all areas of production.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. Capable of completing in-process and set up inspections throughout production as needed.
2. Capable of using basic inspection equipment (Caliper, micrometer, height gage, etc) to perform inspections.
3. Performs basic math functions to facilitate inspection.
4. Capable of generating Non-Conformance notifications (Ra) and communicating appropriately.
5. Works to continuously expand knowledge of parts, inspection methods, production processes, and any other information affecting the production of quality products.
6. Enters inventory of patterns into Axapta as needed.
7. Adheres to BTD's employee safety manual, QA mission statement and department work standards.
8. Capable of creating permanent patterns and temporary patterns as needed
9. Complies with BTD's Quality System and Processes.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Experience and Skills Required: At least five months of recent related mechanical and shop experience which includes the following skills and activities:
1. Working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in manufacturing operations.
2. Basic knowledge of inspection equipment used in a manufacturing environment.
3. The ability to perform basic math functions.
4. The ability to accurately read, understand and interpret blueprints.
5. Working knowledge of computerized inventory.
6. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and Axapta.
7. Ability to exercise problem analysis and problem resolution.
8. Knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions.
9. Ability to understand, follow, and issue routine oral and written instructions.
10. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.