Aon Is Looking For A Resident Sales Director
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our sales group within Aon Michigan. As a Resident Sales Director, you will report directly to the Head of Michigan and Regional Sales Leader and will have direct reports in the Southfield and Grand Rapids offices.
Your Impact As A Resident Sales Director
Responsible for driving growth across Aon's various solution lines; risk, health, wealth and human capital.
- Drive growth: Achieve or exceed the office's quarterly and annual new business revenue goals;
- Oversee the development and execution of direct reports, personal and other revenue producing colleagues go to market plans and sales goals;
- Develop and maintain a sales-focused culture across the states personnel;
- Support the execution of the National Sales and Marketing platform and initiatives;
- Mentor and develop, problem-solve and strategize with the office's producers, Account Executives, and broking and solutions line leaders to create, develop and close specific revenue opportunities;
- Educate producers, Account Executives, and broking leaders on new products, approaches, services and solutions and Aon's capabilities and thought leadership with training on the segment or client applicability and recommended dialoguing with clients and prospects;
- Work with the risk and health leader to ensure that the office's clients and prospects receive regular written communication applicable to their business(es), exposures and needs;
- Create, tailor and/or execute marketing campaigns including email campaigns, mailings, seminars, webinars, seminars, roundtables and Forums to drive revenue opportunities tailored to the office's new business priorities and market area(s);
- Proactively and consistently communicate and meet with clients, prospects, insurers, and competitors to maintain a current knowledge of talent in the office's market area(s);
- Maintain an accurate pipeline of new business results for confident revenue forecasting and beneficial sales metric analysis;
- Monitor and assess ongoing new business results and related pipeline activity tracking across the office's personnel, and promptly anticipate and address negative new business variances or trends and/or activity issues;
- Maintain a fair marketplace in terms of prospect allocation across the office and firm's resources and follow protocols for pipeline documentation and production credit disputes;
- Recruit and present your recommendation and business plan for the best business development personnel (producers, Account Executives and support personnel to enable others to produce more) for the market area's needs;
- Onboard business developers with a clear understanding of their role and responsibilities and specified sales goals, and training on Aon Connect, Aon's office, national and global resources and systems;
- Identify and nurture focus centers of influence in the accounting, legal, financial and other segments of the business community in the office's market areas for office-wide collaboration and referral;
- Ensure that Aon has earned a majority of its large clients' risk management and employee benefits, wallet or spend; and,
- Communicate innovative approaches, best practices, market and competitor trends nationally.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum 10 years of Sales Leadership in the property and casualty and/or health/human capital industry
- Solid collaboration skills to successfully lead new business teams in pursuit of target prospects
- Strong negotiation skills
- Exceptional oral presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate complex messages in written form
- Track record of personally initiating and closing complex sales
- Consistent achievement of assigned business goals
- Active execution in the development and maintenance of a productive sales and marketing culture
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with Sales and Risk and Insurance Management/Business related curriculum preferred
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit .
(NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.2499851