- The Material Handler's primary job function is to supply the internal and external customer with machines and secure packaging for on time shipments. Activities include pulling machines, scanning and labeling machines, and loading.
- Other duties as assigned by Team Lead / Supervisor / Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
% OF TIME
Supports shipping with necessary packaging and shipment of machines.
Transfers finished product to storage and/or shipping, unloading containers, trucks
Communicates with employees and Supervisor and/or Mgmt. to fulfill distribution warehouse requests.
Process paperwork / documentation associated with shipments.
Miscellaneous activities as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
*Other forklift duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma for general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to work unexpected overtime, as well as scheduled overtime.
- Ability to use bar code gun scanners and to transfer in ERP system
- Prior forklift experience preferred and will need to pass Nilfisk re-certification.
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- May lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods at a time.
- Candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Must have good math skills and be detailed oriented.
- Ability to keep records of activities performed.
- Must be able to read and write and speak English effectively.
- Must be certified or be able to get certification of HAZMAT materials.
- CDL / DOT license a plus.
- Must be in good attendance standing.
Let's create a cleaner future together
Clean is changing. Today, cleaning is a key contributor to health and safety, and a new clean is emerging, driven by technology and innovation. At Nilfisk we are a driving force in this development, and we work as one team with one agenda, supporting each other across an exciting, dynamic organization. Being part of Nilfisk means having the freedom to speak your mind and do what you do best. You will thrive by having a hands-on approach and the drive to bring your great ideas to life. At Nilfisk you can lead, innovate and collaborate for a cleaner future. Are you ready to make a change?
Nilfisk, Inc., is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Equal opportunity It is the policy of Nilfisk not to discriminate any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Nilfisk to take action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.