YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Analytical Development Biochem Assays Intern, are to:
- Run experiments under manager supervision to generate cell therapy product, i.e., engineered T-cell, differentiated iPSCs etc.;
- Learn and become proficient at flow cytometry analysis;
- Develop skills for experimental design, execution, and dataanalysis;
- Present ideas and results in a team setting.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a four year bachelor undergraduate program with a preferred focus in functional area i.e., Immunology, Stem Cell Biology, Biochemical Engineering, Translational Biology, etc.;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Basic problem-solving and project management abilities together with a professional image;
- Ability to work effectively within a departmental team and with members of the same or higher organizational levels;
- Good organization, documentation, prioritization, and scheduling skills together with an overall desire to learn;
- Ability to work independently and multi-task;
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office with beginner level proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and collaboration with others and independent thought or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Aseptic laboratory technique.
- Basic knowledge of working in a BSL 2 laboratory;
- Flow cytometry (a plus, not required).