Job SummaryRemote - Minneapolis, MN
This position is a backfill to support our University of MN and Sales Rep. This associate will work closely with the account manager, customer, suppliers and specialist. This associate will have specific day to day responsibility within our customers systems as well as managing projects, new opportunities, supplier trainings and work days and continue to support the accounts to drive growth.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Provide VWR solutions to customers across the Pharmaceutical/Biotech/Industrial (PBI).
- Supporing a territory consisting of many customers across various markets
- Prospect and establish new customers by managing a sales pipeline and developing and delivering proposals to customers by illustrating VWR's value proposition
- Sell consultatively, detailing products, determine customer needs and requirements, and make recommendations to both prospects and customers of the various solutions VWR can offer their business
- Work with sales management to develop strategic territory business plans for achievement of sales growth and quota attainment
- Work in conjunction with sales management team providing proposals and implementing sales strategies to achieve sales growth
- Build and sustain relationships with customers and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Manage VWR's vast product portfolio and execute and implement company defined sales and marketing strategies
- Expand VWR's role with existing customers by developing retention strategies illustrating VWR's value proposition in conjunction with evolving customer requirements
- Leverage available resources to effectively implement company marketing plan, strategies and sales processes
- Represent and develop strong relationships with manufacturers
- Work directly with local manufacturer representatives to develop and continually improve product knowledge, arrive at most favored pricing, and improve account profitability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- College degree or equivalent/applicable experience
- 3-5 years of experience working in a complex sales environment, where multiple people are involved in the purchasing decision and there is a solution based selling approach
- A proven track record of verifiable sales success driving growth with a consultative, strategic selling approach
- Business-to-business sales experience, with preference given to those with distribution experience and a scientific background and/or having work in a laboratory or research environment
- Demonstrated capability to effectively utilize best in class selling processes (e.g. SPIN, Challenger, Miller Heiman) and technology platforms including Salesforce.com and Clikview
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Science or Medical Technology background preferred
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills, routinely interacting with customers, manufacturers, and staff
- Ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers
- Ability to handle difficult situations and interactions
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage time and territory
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to sell strategically within an account
- Ability to understand individual customer operations
- Willingness to travel to customer locations
- Computer Knowledge (Microsoft Office)
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
Typically works in a home office environment with extensive regional travel to customer locations.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.