PURPOSE: To provide exceptional guest service to all guests at Mall of America. To maintain welcoming and inviting retail locations via cleaning, stocking, and other duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide outstanding guest service by greeting and conversing with guests and determining their needs; in a courteous and polite manner.
- Assist guests with product, ticket, and general questions concerning Mall of America and the local region.
- Prepare and organize product for display and purchase.
- Maintain specific product area as determined by supervisory team.
- Communicate inventory levels and sales of product to the Retail team.
- Understand the products carried, their features, options, and benefits; as well as the branding of Nickelodeon Universe and Mall of America.
- Clean, organize, and maintain the sales floor and stock rooms.
- Restock sales floor and displays as needed.
- Oversee safety and cleanliness of locations assigned.
- Utilize and maintain loss prevention procedures for both product and currency.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales, promotions and discounts.
- Utilize suggestive selling techniques; upsell items to raise the average dollar per transaction and increase sales.
- Recommend, select, and assist in locating merchandise based on guests' needs and questions.
- Efficiently utilize the point of sale system to ring and count funds accurately and timely while following established cash handling procedures.
- Explain and enforce ticket policies for Nickelodeon Universe and other attractions.
- May provide support in other work areas as needed.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Outstanding guest service skills.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computers preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with guests, both internal and external.
- Basic math skills.
- Understanding of USD currency.
- Point of sale experience preferred.
- Interpersonal skills -- working alone and with a team.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Stand and move -- Frequently
- Perform repetitive motion (using keyboard/touch screen) -- Frequently
- Kneel and bend -- Occasionally
- Reach at or below shoulder level -- Frequently
- Reach at or above shoulder level -- Infrequently
- Stoop/squat -- Infrequently
- Lift/Carry up to 10 lbs -- Occasionally
- Lift/Carry up to 30 lbs -- Infrequently
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs -- Infrequently
- Handle larger items such as boxes or packages -- Infrequently
- Flexible, includes days, evenings, and weekends.
- Working some holidays required.
Pay type: Hourly