Disruptive Growth (DG), General Mills' venture arm, is on a mission to Build Food Solutions for Tomorrow's Families Today by building, investing, and partnering in emergent and transformative innovation to create General Mills' next Growth Engine.
Reporting to DG's Director of Financial Operations, with close ties to the Corporate M&A function, the leader of Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) for Disruptive Growth will be responsible for building M&A strategies and capabilities that enable DG's mission, partnering with DG and business leadership on strategic portfolio shaping, and leading deal management including deal economics, due diligence, and cross-functional coordination.
Strong performance in this role can lead to in role or organizational advancement.
- Engage with DG leaders to identify, evaluate and develop an M&A strategy within DG
- Perform industry and financial analysis leading to investment recommendations
- Lead project valuation and due diligence in cooperation with operational groups,
- Partner with DG leadership in negotiations, deal structuring, financing and governance design
- Oversee the development of operating financial models used to evaluate a target's financial projections and review comprehensive financial valuations involving discounted cash flow, internal rate of return, accretion/dilution and comparable company/transaction analyses.
- Partner with business unit leaders to identify and assess risks and opportunities of proposed transactions including operational, financial, and integration synergies/issues
- Develop the presentation of materials supporting M&A strategy to senior leadership and other internal stakeholders
- Participate in legal negotiations regarding transaction-related contracts with in-house and external counsel
- Plan and participate in post-closing integration/dis-integration efforts between General Mills and the acquired/divested businesses
- Monitor industry M&A developments and assess implications for General Mills
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related fields
- 6-7 years minimum experience in corporate development, investment banking, venture capital or private equity
- Demonstrated corporate finance, modeling, project management and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience leading transaction execution, including deal economics, due diligence, and cross-functional coordination.
- Strong capabilities in understanding and structuring complex transaction documents.
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and exercise strategic thinking aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in consumer foods industry
- Experience with Private Markets, Private Equity, Venture Capital
- Experience working across geographies and with a deal landscape in multiple markets