WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS!
Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Sherwin-Williams is seeking motivated individuals who have a drive for research & development to join our R&D Leadership Development Program. This training program is designed to develop key skills and experience that will lead to a Chemist position within our Performance Coatings Group, supporting one of our technical divisions which include Automotive, Coil, EPS, Industrial Wood, General Industrial, Packaging or Protective and Marine.
What you will gain:
* Knowledge of paint and coatings chemistry and formulation
* Experience testing methods and quality control using statistics software
* Understanding of commercialization, product, industry and segment
* Expertise in project management and reporting results and findings
* Opportunity to build relationships with supply chain and gain knowledge of plant operations
* Opportunity to build cross-functional partnerships with Sales, Marketing, Operations, & Technical Services to execute innovation strategy
* Opportunity to work alongside senior chemists
OUR MUST HAVES- Hit apply if you meet all of them!
* Bachelor's degree in science or technical related field including but not limited to Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science and Corrosion Engineering
* Minimum GPA: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
* Previous experience working on projects in a lab environment
* Must be open to relocation based on business need for training, post program position and promotional opportunities
* Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
EXTRAS TO HELP YOU STAND OUT- These are not required for you to be eligible to apply, but don't be afraid to brag about any of the following:
* Previous experience with project management
* Previous Sherwin-Williams lab experience
* Previous experience working in a customer service environment
* Involvement in student organizations such as American Chemical Society, Alpha Chi Sigma
* Leadership in extra-curricular activities/organizations
* Paint and coatings industry knowledge or experience
* Well-developed analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
* Strong communication, relationship building and organizational skills
* Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint skills
* Experience with Statistics Software
* Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and left and carry up to 50 lbs for short distances (think a large bag of dog food!)
* Some travel to other locations, meetings and/or seminars is required.
About Performance Coatings Group at Sherwin-Williams:
The Sherwin-Williams Performance Coatings Group supplies a broad range of highly-engineered solutions for the construction, industrial, packaging and transportation markets in more than 120 countries around the world. There are seven business units under the Performance Coatings Group, which include: Automotive Finishes, Coil Coatings, Engineered Polymer Solutions, General Industrial Coatings, Packaging Coatings, Protective & Marine, and Industrial Wood Coatings. The industrial markets we service include but are not limited to: Beverage & Food Cans, Furniture, Flooring, Cars, Airplanes, Marine, Oil & Gas, Electronics, Military and Appliances.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.