YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Agronomic Research Specialist II are to:
- Collaborate with project team members to deliver detailed experimental protocols that enable advancement decisions by our scientists and placement decisions to our customers;
- Operate automated research equipment, note-taking, data management with internal IT and SW systems, comply with regulated seed stewardship standards, complete and or participate in safety inspections and training and comply with all policies and standard operating procedures;
- Work extended hours during peak seasons (including non-traditional daytime hours, weekends, and holidays);
- Provide daily direction to contingent labor team of up to 10 individuals.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs;
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team-based environment;
- Capable of maintaining large data sets;
- Experience with both standard MS Office computer and software systems used in scientific data analysis, with the ability to quickly learn new software programs and tools;
- Experience with automated and/or mechanical systems.
- Ability to obtain a UAV license for operating drones;
- Bachelor's in Agronomy, Life Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field;
- Ability to work extended hours during peak operational seasons;
- Ability to obtain pesticide applicator license;
- Knowledge and experience with agricultural equipment and row crop production practices and history of leveraging that knowledge in the research environment.