- Investigate and develop better processes and improved material sets.
- Perform active searches and evaluations for thick film inks, epoxies, underfills, encapsulants, substrates, etc.
- Provide written reports for proposals, experiments, processes, and evaluations.
- Coordinate and support the introduction of new processes into production.
- Evaluate process with Quality department.
- Evaluate process improvements in assembly and substrate fabrication.
- Coordinate the production of prototype product builds using new processes.
- Identify, recommend and qualify new assembly equipment.
- Facilitate Process Validation activities.
- Gather input from production personnel and ensure new processes are useable in the production environment.
- Use and promote problem solving tools to foolproof the most critical process steps.
- Participate in training of production operators on new processes as needed.
- Coordinate/Facilitate new process control efforts. Analyze data and act on results.
- Lead activities required to release products to manufacturing (validation worksheets, demonstrate capability, etc.)
- Develop future technologies for Starkey use
- Investigate tools and equipment needed to improve efficiency or add capability.
- Evaluate processes that enhance substrate and assembly yields.
- Design feasibility runs to prove out new ideas.
- Investigate ways to improve substrate performance such as improved adhesion.
- Provide support for hybrid substrate fabrication and assembly operations.
- Assist in yield improvement projects for production assemblies.
- Provide process support for manufacturing problems and concerns as directed.
- Ensure new designs are manufacturable by active participation in design reviews.
- Support and assist training of production staff in new processes or technologies.
- Scan emerging technologies.
- Attend technology seminars and present pertinent information for Starkey.
- Participate in local, national and international industry organizational meetings.
- Benchmark and explore new technologies.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- Sr Microelectronic Manufacturing Engineer I - At least a 4-year college degree in engineering or a physical science with a strong emphasis in metrology, materials science, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, physical analysis, and chemical analysis.
- Sr Microelectronic Manufacturing Engineer I - Minimum 10 years of experience with B.S. degree in process or manufacturing engineering required including failure analysis of printed circuit boards and/or electrical components, using DOE and SPC tools and other formal problem-solving techniques.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Starkey Hearing Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Vet/Disabled.