Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future - and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees' potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We're passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we're in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It's time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Travel Tags a division of Taylor Corporation, located in Inver Grove Heights, MN is looking for a Senior Industrial Engineer!
7:00 am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday.
- Responsible for implementing continuous improvement tools to enhance Quality/ Yield, reduce Cost, and improve Productivity/Schedule.
- Demonstrates an extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Coordinate layout and workstation move activities.
- Directly involved with pilot projects and implementation/deployment of projects with heavy involvement in optimization development.
- Conducts studies to determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow by analyzing production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules.
- Analyzes departmental and inter-departmental product to identify and eliminate non-value-added activities.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine and maintain quality of manufacturing processes.
- Perform engineering process qualification or evaluation which includes generating and executing test plans, data collection and analysis, reporting and communication status and results to stakeholders.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of equipment
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 5+ years of experience in related field
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective interface with other departments and/or professionals, and capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact, as well as providing leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma Manufacturing methodologies in areas such as waste reduction, 5S, Standard Work, TAKT, Pull System, single piece flow, Value Stream Mapping, cell design, DOE, and manufacturing flow
We Would Also Prefer:
- Master's Degree in Industrial / Engineering related field
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor's family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 10,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world's more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees' potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Taylor Corporation including all partners and affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity