- This position will coordinate admission paperwork needed for accounting and works closely with the Director in the management of the program census.
Duties and responsibilities
- The following duties are routine for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Verification of funding.
- Monitor wait list
- Schedule evaluation/admission and arrange transportation if necessary.
- Oversee paper flow to Accounting.
- Determine client financial responsibility and monitor changes.
- Perform necessary data entry.
- Maintain daily census log.
- Attend staff in services and meetings.
- Paraprofessionals may not admit, transfer, or discharge clients. They may be directed to follow through with the process of implementation of the above by the director or designee.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 yr. experience in a chemical dependency facility and 2-3 years related experience required, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must know and understand all rules, regulations, and requirements of the assigned program.
- A minimum of two year freedom from chemical abuse problems.
- Possess a valid driver license
- On-going training on of cultural awareness and demonstration of sensitivity to various cultural norms and values.
- CPR and first aid certified.
- Computer literate.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- Strong verbal skills and ability to communicate abstract concepts in a simple format
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people diverse cultures, socioeconomic and educational backgrounds.
- Flexibility to meet a variety of changing priorities.
- Computer skills to draft emails, memos, and reporting.
- Able to sit for up to 8 hours
- Reaching for use of computer
- Hearing for phone use
Some walking and standing
Thought Provoking - Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Team Player - Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic - Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented - Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter - Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion - Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Growth Opportunities - Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Flexibility - Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact - Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)