Interested in working with one of the markets leading manufacturers? Greenheck Group is a leading growth-focused, environmentally conscious, commercial HVAC manufacturer. Join our team, which proudly designs and manufactures the most comprehensive line of ventilation products in the industry. Greenheck Group is a dynamic multi-branded international organization. Our equipment is used worldwide in commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities, ranging from comfort ventilation to manufacturing processes. Our efficient products improve comfort, safety, and health of lives across the planet. Since 1947, we are deeply committed to helping you "Build Your Future," through professional growth, challenging leadership roles, and exciting opportunities around the world.
As anEngineering Specialist I, you will work closely with marketing/sales to determine feasibility and pricing of special design requests (SDR's). You will support manufacutring with production of SDR's to ensure successful completion. In this role, you will work on the creation of new designs and the redesign of existing products to complement and enhance product offerings and continually improve quality, minimize production costs and sustain a competitive advantage in the air movement and control industry.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop new product designs and redesigns in coordination with sales, marketing, manufacturing, and customers
- Develops bill of materials and translation documents related to new or changed designs
- Visit job sites to review installation and/or design problems and decide as to the best way to resolve the situation.
- Manage multiple projects in accordance with predetermined completion dates
- Build relationships with the shop floor
- Facilitates the transition from design into production, including any necessary shop training and information required for implementing new or changed designs
- Emphasis on the procedures and processes required to provide accurate information to the shop floor
- Participates in the standardization of SDR products, parts, and details
- Provide technical consultation internally to sales and marketing personnel and externally to customers
- Participate in the prototyping and testing of new designs.
- Maintain accurate and current documentation of design changes and SDR requests
- Participate in value engineering or process improvement projects to continually improve the cost efficiency of design and manufacturing processes
What You'll Need:
- Two-year technical associate degree in Mechanical Design or similar.
- Between 2-3 years of work experience is required
- Knowledge of CAD systems (AutoCAD and Inventor Preferred).
- Manufacturing experience is required.
- Prior HVAC experience preferred
- Areas of expertise may include, but are not limited to electrical circuits, controls, air movement, DFX/DFM, or CAD/Inventor.
Why join the Greenheck family?
Our benefit packages and salaries are among the best in our industry. Benefits may vary slightly by location, but usually include:
- Health insurance
- Prescription drug benefits
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
- 401(k) Retirement savings plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible spending accounts for medical or dependent care expenses
- Tuition assistance
- Employee Wellness Program
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.