Employees at Quad thrive at the intersection of thinking, making and marketing. As we continue to take the bold steps necessary to transform our offering, our goal is to provide our clients with the most powerful integrated marketing platform. We're all partners in our company, committed to do the right thing, trusting the process, innovating for the future, growing the business, believing in each other, and having a little fun along the way.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Graphic Designer - Packaging works closely with the Senior Brand Designer within the internal creative team to develop on-brand, creative solutions for the retail packaging channel.
- Develop well-designed, cohesive, dynamic packaging for a variety of consumer products
- Follow the design process for packaging materials for products, including brainstorming, sketching and creating prototypes
- Present choices during internal reviews with consumer consideration and persuasiveness of design principles and client requirements
- Study, use and fully understand creative and executional briefs
- Understand client's brands and properly adhere to guidelines/requirements
- Ensure the overall quality of deliverables, ensuring accurate and timely completion on multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Maintain the creative and quality standards of our production and design team
- Research products/services to inform design ideas
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Education: Associate's Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
Experience: 4+ years of experience as a Mac Operator, Graphic Designer or Graphic Artist
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 4 plus years of experience as a Mac Operator, Graphic Designer or Graphic Artist
- Marketing experience would be preferable
- Knowledge of various packaging materials
- Knowledge of consumer packaging health and safety regulations
- Intermediate knowledge of visual design process and visual design principles
- MAC OS based hardware/software systems
- Proficient in Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging - a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace