As a Design Engineer, you will provide equipment design and layout for customers, taking into consideration performance and other specifications that would impact the unit design.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Read and understand equipment specifications and be able to analyze issues that may cause problems for submittal approval.
- Provide guidance on engineering rules and assistance to the factory as needed.
- Provide pre-order technical assistance to sales and marketing personnel.
- Work with reps and/or internal sales to solve equipment specification problems.
- Select components to meet performance, costing and fit specifications.
- Read and understand building plans/schematics and establish proper duct, electrical and piping locations.
- Arrange components (via AutoCAD and vendor software) according to duct layout and unit function with consideration for building layout.
- Compose specification information, submittal drawings and performance data to be reviewed by internal and external sources.
- Use engineering judgement to design systems that will perform as specified.
- Make recommendations for cost savings, product quality improvement and process changes on an ongoing basis.
What You'll Need:
Work requires a professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, which is equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regular four-year college program, in an engineering discipline.
- Between 0-3 years of work experience is required.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, problem solving, and analytical ability required.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with MS Office, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, and Autodesk Inventor modeling software preferred.
- Prior HVAC experience preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Engineering internship experience preferred.
Why you'll love it here:
directly from our team members about why they love it here!
Benefits for you and your family:
Our benefit packages and salaries are among the best in our industry. Benefits may vary slightly by location, but usually include:
- Health insurance
- Prescription drug benefits
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
- 401(k) Retirement savings plan
- On-site clinic and fitness center (Schofield location)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible spending accounts for medical or dependent care expenses
- Tuition assistance
- Employee Wellness Program