At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people's lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
Responsible for transporting waste from a Stericycle location or customer location, to another Stericycle transfer location or processing location. All Company assigned vehicles are equipped with camera telematics which include inside and outside cameras. In addition, all vehicles are equipped with ELD (electronic logging device) and GPS (global positioning system).
• Manages assigned routes ensuring that waste is transported in a safe, timely, and accurate manner.
o Responsible for picking up and transporting waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
o Follows routing software route schedule
o Plans daily schedule based on Stericycle or customer needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
o Communicates any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher for resolution.
o Ensures load is secured and placarded if required prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
o May require loading and securing material or unloading truck at various customer sites.
o Must be able to push/pull light or heavy objects.
• Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher, at the time of debriefing, for processing.
• Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to pickups. Driver is expected to provide the highest level of customer service at all times. Reports any problems/issues with accounts to the Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
• Performs a documented pre-trip inspection on vehicles prior to leaving yard to commence route. Performs a documented post-trip inspection on vehicles prior to being debriefed for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher for follow-up. Ensures all defects have been corrected prior to operating the vehicles again. Use of ELD (electronic logging device) and Geotab to log hours per DOT guidelines.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
• 1+ Years of Experience driving tractor trailer required. Previous route experience a plus.
• Maintains current Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), with an excellent driving record.
• Doubles, Triples Endorsements a plus
• Demonstrates ability to read a map and follow turn by turn direction on electronic devices.
• Demonstrates general computer skills and knowledge of internet.
• May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
• Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle.
• Stericycle welcomes non-native English speakers, as long as drivers can read and speak English sufficiently to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records as required by federal regulation.
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.