This position will be mostly remote, with occasional required organizational events in-person/on-site, typically held in St. Paul, MN.
A Data Governance Program Manager is part of the Enterprise Digital Intelligence (Edi) team and is responsible for leading & coordinating the development and on-going adoption of our data governance framework. This role requires knowledge of governance policies, master data requirements, and both business & technical understanding of data and usage. The Data Governance Program Manager will partner closely with data engineers, business owners, data stewards & technical stewards to ensure uniformity, accuracy, stewardship, consistency and accountability of the organization's data assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of data governance framework with a focus on MDM, improving data quality, and protecting critical data
- Provide operational oversight of the data management strategy including maintaining policies and procedures within our data governance framework
- Assign data governance roles & responsibilities to others across the organization
- Establish procedures & workflows to ensure quality control and consistency of data management
- Collaborate with data governance business owners, data owners, technical stewards and data engineers on processes & policies
- Serve as a liaison between functional & technical areas to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated ,well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Create high quality and detailed documentation related to data governance processes and policies
- Define & report on key performance indicators of the program to leaders across the organization
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of experience working with a data governance platform (Informatica, Collibra; familiarity with Collibra essential)
- 2+ years of experience in designing and developing data governance technology solutions that span data quality, data dictionary & business glossaries, data standards and policies; data lineage and catalogs, cloud data platforms, responsible AI and ML Ops processes
- Bachelor's degree in technology or business related field preferred, and/or equivalent practical experience
- High level of understanding of data governance operating model that includes designing a data governance organization, roles and responsibilities, success metrics
- Advanced experience implementing enterprise data concepts such as Master Data Management and Enterprise Data Warehouse, experience with MDM standards
- Understanding of one or more compliance areas is a big plus - CCPA, GDPR, data privacy and security standards;
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and process multiple complex projects; deadlines; and processes with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical abilities; both technical and functional - Ability to deal with complex functional specifications and determine how to best implement them technically
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of individuals
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with Azure DevOps or AWS
- Knowledge of or interest in data science & machine learning
- Experience with backend infrastructure and how to architect data pipelines
- Experience with data warehouses & cloud technologies
- Sitting 90-95% and standing 5-10%
- Working at a computer 98% of the day, utilizing the phone 10-20%
- Bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping, or crouching when appropriate, on occasion
- Repetitive movements, including but not limited to typing, using a mouse, phones, etc.
- Lift, carry, push or pull up to approximately 30 pounds
Required Work Schedule:
Standard Monday through Friday business hours with a willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed.
May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support.