YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role,Principal Packaging Engineer, are to:
- Assume end-to-end remit for pipeline innovations, and design renovations accountabilities including: development of primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging, on time, in full delivery of project success factors, creation of meaningful IP to protect innovation and defend vs competition;
- Effective technical transfer of information to the factory/CMO;
- Package leadership of US innovation & strategic projects;
- Create innovative packaging solutions by using in depth technical knowledge, experience, and education; considering the shopper, customer, channel, brand, financial, technical, sustainability and compliance success factors;
- Partner with the US regional team and development center to contribute to category StratPlans, with specific packaging strategy insights and recommendations;
- Collaborate with the broader P&D group as well as all cross-functional partners to ensure smooth transfer of information, holistic understanding of project needs, and adherence to requirements;
- Develop key external partnerships (in collaboration with procurement) to ensure best fit to project needs, innovative supplier selection, and cost budget targets.
WHO YOU ARE
Yoursuccess will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values.
More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks incumbent who
possesses the following:
- Packaging Engineering Bachelors Degree (or equivalentdegree) with minimum eight years experience, Master's Degree (or equivalentdegree) with minimum six years experience;
- Proven track record in managing packaging development,including the creation, development and delivery of ownable structuraland functional consumer impactful packaging innovations, resulting innotable commercial impact. Business protection and maintenance oflaunched packaging, ensuring efficient production and best in classquality in the supply chain.
- Strong technical knowledge in industrial mold,qualifications for plastic injection and extrusion blow molding;
- Consumer healthcare experience;
- Flexible substrates knowledge (i.e. Blister, and sachetpackaging).