Employee Type:Full time
Location:MO St Louis (Marceau St)
Job Type:Production Sanitation
Job Posting Title:Sanitation
TreeHouse Foods - St. Louis is currently looking for:
Sanitation Team Member - 1st Shift
BASIC PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
Excellence in Food Safety & Quality literally begins - and ends - with sanitation. As a key member of our Food Safety & Quality team, you'll be responsible for completing various cleaning and sanitation tasks on a daily basis in support of the facility Master Sanitation Schedule.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete assigned cleaning and sanitation tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure the prevention of product contamination when completing cleaning assignments.
- Safely work with cleaning chemicals by following sanitation work instructions and chemical SDS.
- Perform routine testing in our Quality Assurance lab (you will be trained for this).
- Maintain all work areas and equipment in a clean and organized manner in compliance with facility 5S principles.
- Observe and practice safe work procedures and utilize required PPE (personal protective equipment) on all work assignments.
- Complete training to acquire forklift and mark lift license.
- Complete all other task and duties as assigned by management
- Support Treehouse's food safety & quality program by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and to all company and regulatory food safety rules.
- The ability to adapt quickly to a rapid and changing environment and communicate effectively with coworkers is required.
- Safely climb ladders and work in high spaces.
- Work effectively in hot and cold temperatures.
- Work indoors as well as outdoors.
- Ability to routinely lift 50 lbs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Basic aptitude in reading, writing and arithmetic.
Previous food facility sanitation experience is a plus!
TreeHouse Use Only: #IND1