Employee Type:Full time
Location:IL Oak Brook
Job Posting Title:Associate Brand Manager
Lead the planning and execution of volume and profit driving initiatives for assigned product lines and channels with support of Manager, field sales and the cross-functional team. Gain broad exposure to all functional activities including sales and customers, operations, product development and finance, which results in the development of strong marketing and general management skills.
- Execute business objectives, strategy and tactics for the Meal Preparations portfolio. Help develop annual business review and assist in the development of mid and long-term strategic business planning.
- Ability to assemble and motivate cross-functional teams including channel marketing, R&D, sales, and finance to accomplish new product plans, renovation projects, and simplification efforts.
- Provides effective project management support for key business growth and customer driven initiatives
- Maintain a solid understanding of business objectives, strategies and key consumer/shopper insights for assigned businesses. Maintain and communicate product knowledge library for respective categories.
- Build true business partnerships with General Manager and relevant business teams to deliver plans and ensure consistent high value for the Division. Serve as subject matter expert on assigned category.
- Leverage both quantitative and qualitative inputs to develop a deep understanding of competitive, market, and category dynamics
- Lead in the development and delivery of category and product presentations. Work closely with Sales to ensure proper and timely customer communication.
- Examines the competitive landscape looking for opportunities and identifies likely scenarios of competitive activity.
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list of all tasks. Additional tasks and duties may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business needs
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2-4 years relevant experience - brand/product management, insights, project management, retail or marketing communications
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams to include sales, insights, R&D, technical applications and effectively influence an extended organization
- Experience in project management
- Some experience with consumer research and familiar with Consumer, Shopper & Market Insights (IRI and/or Nielsen preferred)
- Financial & Analytic Acumen, attention to detail is critical
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision once objectives are clear and keep the team posted regularly on relevant detail
- Ability to multi task.
- Food CPG experience preferred
Education: Bachelor's Degree Required - Type: Marketing, Business or other related.
Master's Degree a plus
Branded Experience a plus
TreeHouse Use Only: #IND1