Mb Staffing Services is seeking an entry level Engineer Technician. This Engineer will assist higher level para-professional or professional engineering positions by providing skilled and technical work in support of engineering and planning projects. Assignments are performed under the close supervision of a higher level engineering technician or engineer position. Employees in this class may provide technical guidance to subordinate level technical engineering personnel.
- Performs routine and less complex para-professional engineering work.
- Participates in field investigations and surveys of engineering projects/activities in order to obtain first hand information that will assist in evaluating the acceptability/ feasibility of a project and its compliance with established codes, policies, regulations, standards and specifications.
- Participates in the collection, compilation and analysis of engineering data, in order to make recommendations to the supervisor and complete assigned studies.
- Performs basic mathematical computations in order to tabulate statistical engineering data collected or compiled in the office or field.
- Assists in preparing plans and drawings and reviewing consultant plans using field notes or sketches from accurate use of standards.
- Assists in assembling specifications into final form for projects designed in house and in reviewing some for consultant projects.
- Maintains accurate, complete and retrievable data/statistics/documentation/logs for inclusion in reports, or to provide information as requested, using a knowledge of record maintenance.
- Assists engineers and higher level technicians in responding to inquiries and complaints from residents, businesses, consultants and other agencies concerning engineering projects/activities either orally or in writing.
Eligibility to Work
- Some knowledge of basic engineering concepts, principles, practices and techniques.
- Basic knowledge of mathematics including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Ability to accurately read, interpret and prepare plans, maps and specifications.
- Ability to compile and analyze technical data.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain records, logs and files.
In an era of constant workforce changes, Mb Staffing Services offers something you can count on: The perfect fit! We continue this with a seamless transition. We listen intently. We think strategically. And we act methodically. We respond with speed and an eye to the future! We are a precision placement, results-oriented firm serving a full spectrum of industries and staffing needs.]]>