JOB TITLE: Medical Assistant & Medical Records
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Under direct supervision, assembles and maintains complete medical records according to established procedures.
- Files and retrieves patient records; prepares new files; may open and distribute mail.
- Organizes and evaluates patient medical records.
- Reviews medical records for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for filing and retrieving medical records.
- Greeting patients, performing check-in procedures, maintaining current demographic and insurance information in computer and in the chart, performing office opening procedures, petty cash balancing, co-pay/co-insurance collection, and assisting patients as needed. Primary focus is servicing patients in the lobby with backup for phones and other front office personnel. 1-2 years experience in healthcare background
- Taking temperature of everyone walking in the facility and helping at the front desk for patient registration and chart building
- Support to the business office & clinical team, back up to both the front office and the back office
- 6 months experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified preferred.