Sesame Workshop is looking for a Director, Social Media. The Director of Social Media oversees Sesame Workshop's growing array of social media channels, ensuring their ongoing growth and engagement. The Director leads development and implementation of the Workshop's global social media strategy and oversees the day-to-day management of domestic social media operations and community engagement. They supervise a team of four (two full time and two part time) and are supported by the Audience Development Strategist. Reporting to the Vice President of Audience Development, the Director will also support international social media teams through facilitation of a community of practice, monthly content reviews, and development and distribution of shareable content and campaign strategies. They will support the ongoing adoption of global benchmarks, reporting, and analysis, ensuring social strategy is agile, iterative, and compelling to audiences worldwide.
Candidates should have a deep understanding of social media communities and are an active participant in them. Devoted to upholding the values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in your work and the content you create. Committed to going the extra mile to making sure that work speaking to the experiences of these communities is accurate, well-researched, and peer reviewed. Responsibilities Social Media
- Oversee day-to-day social media operations including content calendars, asset curation and creation, copywriting, scheduling, and publishing
- Optimize content across Sesame Workshop's social media platforms based on available data and support from Social Media Analyst
- Grow Sesame Workshop's social media audiences, reach and engagement across all platforms
- With the VP and Strategist, develop and iterate social media strategies on a program and channel level, and oversee implementation both domestically and globally
- Lead evergreen and holiday content development for all channels
- Manage and assign all social media requests from internal stakeholders to ensure all areas of Sesame Workshop's business are properly promoted across all owned channels.
- Work closely with the Philanthropic Development team to support individual giving campaigns on social media to drive donations and awareness of Sesame Workshop's non-profit status and mission.
- Ensure development of social media partner guides to communicate major launches, character birthdays, holidays, and other key moments to all of Sesame Workshop's partners and international social media teams as needed
- Systematize Sesame Workshop's global social media efforts to ensure consistency of tone, look, and feel.
- Review and approve international content calendars on a monthly basis and facilitate the global community of practice on a bi-monthly basis. s and look for ways to create consistency across all of Sesame Workshop's social channels.
- Serve as an in-house social platform and engagement expert for global teams
- Ensure internal asset portal is updated on an ongoing basis.
- Manage Social Media Manager, co-manage Audience Development Coordinator and Social Media Analyst
- Work with internal Brand Creative team as well as outside freelancers to brainstorm and create new and engaging social media content.
- Oversee all social copy, assets, scheduling, and calendars.
- Oversee weekly/monthly social media report creation, distribution, and analysis.
- Own the Workshop's relationships with platform representatives
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, journalism or communication, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of social media experience, at least 2 of which were spent managing multiple channels for a single brand or company
- At least 3 years supervisory experience
- Active and engaged participant in social media
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and their users (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Great verbal, written and presentation skills to communicate effectively, and on-brand, with consumers, in-house stakeholders and outside vendors
- Savvy and knowledgeable about current social media trends and innovations
- Solid understanding of digital content, communication and marketing principles
- Photo/Video editing experience and basic design capabilities for social media a plus
- Familiarity with web and social media analytics (Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Tableau, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- Highly creative, strategic thinker with ability to develop fresh, executable ideas that support internal initiatives
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage/execute multiple ongoing projects
- An independent work ethic and drive and know when to escalate to higher-ups
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills