Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) has a need for a DI Water Plant Operator to support our government customer located in Adelphi, MD.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain High Purity and Wastewater Systems
- Respond to all types of high purity and wastewater alarms/issues
- Conduct Daily Operational Checks for DI water plant, wastewater treatment plant, and first floor mechanical spaces
- Conduct work in accordance with OSHA/EPA standards
- Perform all duties as required to support heavy metals batch processing
- Conduct basic electrical and pneumatic troubleshooting of control circuits for all types of equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance on:
- Fume hoods/ Laminar flow hood sinks
- Ln2 phase separator systems
- Scrubber exhaust systems
- Process cooling water systems
- Process vacuum and house vacuum systems
- D I water plant systems and equipment
- Heat exchangers
- Waste water treatment plant systems and equipment
- Air compressors and dryers
- Various HVAC systems
- Conduct annual Fume Hood inspections
- Eye wash stations
- Maintain various inventories and order all parts and material necessary to maintain 100% operational status of equipment
- Complete required monthly safety and equipment training
- Inspect and maintain all required PPE daily
- Required to handle and work with and around hazardous chemicals as a normal part of the work day such as (sodium hydroxide, sulfuric acid, etc.)
- Required to receive shipments of various chemicals and gasses safely.
- Respond to all types of emergency situations, water, electrical, wind, storm etc.
Degree/Education/Certification Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Obtain and maintain annual 8 hour Hazwopper Certification
- Obtain and maintain annual gas bottle handling certification (Company supplied)
- Obtain and maintain Hazardous Chemical Handling Certification
- Obtain and Maintain Waterworks and Waste System Operators License - I6
- Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience with wastewater treatment systems
- Demonstrated experience with high purity systems.
- Must be available and able to respond to emergency call-ins when required.
- Must pass an annual "Fit for Duty" physical and meet all the necessary medical requirements to wear all types of respirators and perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Must pass the required respirator fit test and maintain the requirement.
- Must be physically able to climb all types of ladders, a-frame, vertical, extension etc.
- Must be physically able to climb up on and maneuver on raised walkways and platforms with limited access.
- Must be able to work in various types of confined spaces.
- Must be physically able to move 55 gallon drums with the assistance of mechanical means.
- Assigned other collateral duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with Process Cooling systems
- Experience with process vacuum and house vacuum systems
- Experience with LN2 systems
- Environmental Factors: Works in indoor and outdoor environments that contain excessive heat, cold and humidity, excessive dampness, electrical energy, dust, fumes, solvents grease, oils, moving machinery with moving parts, moving object or vehicles and slippery or uneven surfaces
- Physical Effort: Works from ground level, ladders, and platforms on equipment and systems where parts are hard-to-reach. Frequently lifts parts and equipment weighing up to fifty pounds and occasionally over fifty pounds. Standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing and stretching for prolonged periods will be necessary.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance. Candidates with an active Secret clearance preferred.
Must be citizens of the United States, either native-born or naturalized
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 11 paid holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit .