Employee Type:Full time
Location:IL Oak Brook
Job Type:Field Sales
Job Posting Title:Vice President - Sales
The VP, Sales, will deliver and lead the Commercial Excellence strategies related to customer/channel revenue performance vs. plan as well as manage trade, some aspects of SG&A such as T&E and Marketing, and other expenses related to his/her tower. This role will deliver on customer-supplier and channel scorecard metrics. It will also be responsible for Customer Director / Customer Business Manager leadership and development, as well as champion THS culture & values through their team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for customer/channel business development
- Lead development of co-manufacturing and food away from home segments
- Lead development of customer relationships and escalation as needed
- Understand divisional needs / priorities and communicate those with team, helping prioritize how to execute on category priorities across customers in line with plans
- Work closely with and report directly to Chief Commercial Officer to communicate and execute TreeHouse customer and channel strategies
- Provides leadership & development to the customer director and Customer Business Manager teams
- Owns the development of the customer and channel Strategic Plan
- Owns leading delivery of AOP revenue achievement
- Owns trade budget for his/her tower, including program parameters, documentation, renewals, levels and ensuring that trade budget is at or below AOP.
- Owns aspects of SG&A related to his/her tower including T&E and marketing budget, including ensuring that these elements are at or below approved AOP amounts.
- Owns management of LEX and DDD related to SKUs linked to his/her tower.
- Primary interface with THS senior leadership on customer development, revenue delivery and strategic engagement
- Champion of THS culture & values through their team
- Align on communication efforts with the following key stakeholders:
- Customers- VPs and organization Leadership-Supply Chain, Procurement, Executive Development, Merchandising.
- CCO organization- communication and execution of THS customer strategies; mentorship and leadership of Directors and Customer Business Managers.
- Other THS stakeholders (i.e. Division Presidents and Div Comm Planning) - alignment on customer category priorities and forecasting.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years of sales experience managing or equivalent experience managing a team of sales professionals
- Experience in Co-Manuafuring Sales and Food Away From Home required.
- Demonstrated track record of business development results; understanding how to execute different levers available in the P&L
- Ability to lead, manage and develop sales/business development teams
- Possess strategic thinking, leadership, teamwork and analytical skills
- Strong business and project management skills, creativity and ingenuity in developing successful strategies, and demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Advanced organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Extensive knowledge of sales and marketing strategies, principles and practices
- Strong analytical skills and mathematical ability
- Intermediate or higher computer skills, with emphasis on MS Office suite
- Knowledge of the industry and related industry key players, vendors and people
- Ability to manage the work of direct reports and those in other department to achieve goals
- Advanced negotiating and influencing skills
- Expert at managing conflict and ambiguous situations
Education: Bachelor's Degree - Type: Business, Finance, Marketing or related field
- Approximately 20-60% travel to various THS locations, customer appointments, industry events or other job related functions.
TreeHouse Use Only: #IND1