Join a global professional services leader! We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD is hiring 2 Staff Geologist/Scientists to join our team based out of one of our San Francisco Bay Area offices (Concord or Santa Rosa), to support work primarily in our Northern California region.
As a Project Manager, you will provide leadership, project management services, client management and development support relating to contamination, assessment, and remediation projects. You will have the opportunity to work with a dedicated team of scientist, engineers, and technicians on a variety of projects and support in the training and mentorship of junior staff.
Responsibilities of the position will be:
- Developing and implementing scopes of work, budgets, and schedule
- Collaborating with internal and external clients
- Coordination with and management of contractors and service providers
- Preparation and review of reports
- Participation in a proactive safety culture and a culture of continuous improvement
The Ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Solid understanding of methods and procedures for site characterization, hydrogeological analysis, and remediation of contaminants in soil, soil vapor, indoor air, and groundwater
- Familiarity and experience with environmental rules for California. Knowledge of the Low Threat Closure Policy preferred. Experience in related service areas will also be considered
- Licensed or having the ability to acquire a California PG license is preferred
- Self-starter, standout colleague, willing/able to work on a wide variety of tasks
- Strong technical writing and verbal presentation skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong project and client management skills
- Sound decision making skills, strong problem-solving abilities and competence
- Knowledge of the local/Northern California market is a plus
- B.S. degree or higher in geology/hydrogeology, environmental science, engineering, or related field.
- 3-6 years of relevant, dynamic experience including a mix of field, data evaluation and interpretation, and technical report writing
- Willingness to travel, including overnight, to project sites in the California and western region states (10-15% per year)
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.