CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER.It's our heritage and it's also our future. Because we don't just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard-when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team:The Senior Associate Project Manager position is part of Mattel's El Segundo, CA corporate office team.
The Opportunity:The Senior Associate Project Manager will manage assigned projects ranging from small to mid-scale initiatives for the internal marketing communications department for Doll brands portfolio, manage global approvals from worldwide markets and cross functional partners on a daily basis, conduct asset management, lead inputs for asset creation and drive asset distribution, as well as facilitate department requests and workflow.
What Your Impact Will Be:
* Responsible for numerous small to medium projects across multi-media and full Dolls portfolio of brands; project types include but not limited to: consumer and trade advertising materials, brand and merchandising guides, pitch materials, digital banners, E-Commerce A+ priority project pages, social content, and content marketing assets
* There may be an emphasis on consumer brand experiences, live events and consumer products marketing communications, design and production, as well as tradeshows
* For projects like those listed above, be accountable for the assigned projects and collaborate with senior manager to develop a clear and actionable project plan and schedule. Follow through on all aspects of the project from start to finish including planning, budgeting, scheduling, monitoring, execution and evolution to ensure product meets project specifications and quality requirements.
* Serve as primary interface for external vendors for assigned projects.
CREATIVE RESOURCES & TRAFFIC/WORKFLOW FUNCTIONS
* Manage departmental inbox for all incoming communication strategy, design, approval and asset requests (on average 200-300 approvals per week).
* Initiate and facilitate the creative process from start to finish by being the liaison between Client, Account/Project Management & Creative
* Act as key contributor to integration of entire team to new project management/workflow tool in partnership with supervisor
* Act as key contributor to onboard and integrate all department assets onto a new Digital Asset Management platform and facilitate rollout for Marcom team in partnership with supervisor
* Distribute all department guides on new DAM platform and issue email updates and communications to recipients (40+ guides annually with 1,500+ assets)
ASSET MANAGEMENT & ASSET REQUEST FULFILMENT
* Display accountability of department server by overseeing the organization and proper archiving of all projects
* Exhibit resourcefulness and building on experience and historical reference to fulfil and deliver on all asset requests, archiving and distribution requirements
* Responsible for fulfilling and responding to a high volume of asset requests submitted to department on a daily basis, this requires: information gathering from requestors on what assets are being used for, timing, and preferred file format and method of delivery, and thorough understanding of all file/asset delivery methods (shared drop folders, ftp, disks, etc) and which method is most appropriate based on request/requestor
GLOBAL APPROVALS & MARKET OUTREACH
* Lead daily communications with internal and external partners to develop branded, targeted and successful global campaigns to drive business KPIs
* Liaise and partner with brand project managers and creatives for feedback and direction back to market partners
What We're Looking For:
B.A./B.S. Marketing, Business, Communications or related field
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS REQUIRED
* 3+ years of experience in Account/Client Management and Project Management experience working on creative and Production projects and/or agency environment
* Experience in creative services, traffic and asset management
* Experience in a variety of media including: events, tradeshows, digital & online/ecom, retail, print, and broadcast
* Experience working across cross-functional groups
* Project estimating and scheduling for small to mid-sized projects
* Knowledge and practice in branding, design and advertising
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
* Collaborative team leader and player
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Problem solver and ability to act with urgency
* Ability to meet scheduled deadline(s) with a fluctuating workload
* Ability to navigate within a complex corporate structure
* Ability to balance creative excellence, project efficiency, and effective methods of production
* Excellent computer skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and familiarity with design applications including: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
* Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
* Proven ability to manage heavy workload with precision and grace under pressure
* Sense of ownership and responsibility on all projects
* Proactive and assertive
* Detail oriented and highly organized
* Creative thinker and solution seeker
* Energetic and quick learner
* Team player and collaborator
* Flexible and ability to perform well under stress
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude when dealing with adversity, sees challenges as opportunities and translates them into actionable items
* Adaptable to changing environment
* Good judgment, sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
What It's Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybridwork, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children's and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us atand.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.