The Mobile OSC Specialist is an on-site member of the Logistics Team in a District Sales Office. This person will provide logistical support to the Sales Reps as well as excellent customer service to the hospital staff that will differentiate Smith & Nephew from their competitors.TheMobile OSC Specialist will focus on product delivery, Central Processing check-in, re-stocking and maintaining inventory levels, and re-setting instruments post-surgery. Good working knowledge of company products, operating systems and procedures is critical.
- Communicates and coordinates pickup and delivery activity for local shipments with OSC I, OSC II, Supervisor and Sales Representative personnel.
- Plans, schedules, and prioritizes local pickups and deliveries with respect to time-sensitivity of each and distances to be traveled.
- Performs pickups and deliveries to Surgeon customers, hospitals, clinics, airport, bus station, post offices, and local vendors. Assures necessary paperwork is processed for shipments handled.
- Checks instrumentation into Central Processing Department (CPD) for sterilization and delivers implants to appropriate holding area.
- Re-sets instrument trays for office sets and works with CPD staff to locate any missing instrumentation post-surgery. Acquires un-used implants from holding area that are to be returned to the OSC.
- Records daily delivery information on a delivery log including mileage driven, number of stops, time per stop, fuel/maintenance purchases.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of existing products and new product introductions (instruments and implants) to effectively function in the field regarding proper delivery and pickups. Ability to proactively identify errors and omissions in deliveries/ pickups to eliminate redundancy in required stops.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with Office Staff, Sales Representatives and all third party end-users, including but not limited to Hospital Receiving, Central Processing, and Operating Room Staff. Fields customer complaints and communicates them as necessary to OSC staff.
- Dress in a professional manner as a representative of the company, this may entail wearing Smith and Nephew logoed apparel at the discretion of supervising manager.
- When not directly engaged in courier responsibilities assist in Office, Sales and OSC duties as required.
- Assists OSC staff and Inventory Specialist in analyzing and deciding the best options for local delivery based on time, cost, and vehicle availability, with respect to multiple locations and extremely time-sensitive shipments.
- Communicates with office staff and/or the sales force when changes from original flight plans become necessary due to weather, mechanical failure of the aircraft, or flight cancellations. Routes shipments via the most appropriate method and confirms updated delivery information such as flight number and departure and arrival times.
- Carries cellular phone and required tracking device on person at all times in order to communicate effectively regarding pickups and deliveries. Overtime / call will be required to accommodate emergency situations and facilitate changing surgical schedules.
- Prepares and transports hazardous materials as required, including packaging and preparation of shipping documents. Also assists with hazardous material transportation training program.
Minimum two years college with classes in operations, customer service or distribution desired. In lieu of college classes, a combination of education and above experience totaling four years is required.
4 year Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Valid Driver's License with clean record
Microsoft Office Applications, basic PC Workstation operation
Customer Service Skills:
Coordinates pickup and delivery activity for local shipments: With District Office and Sales Representative personnel, the MOSC Plans, schedules, and prioritizes local pickups and deliveries with respect to time-sensitivity of each and distances to be traveled. Proactively identify errors and omissions in deliveries/ pickups to eliminate redundancy in required stops.
Safety & Maintenance: Follow all Safe Driving Laws and receive ZERO moving violations. Oversee maintenance and upkeep on the company van to ensure it is serviced regularly and always available for deliveries
Record Keeping: Stop Notes reporting > 90%. Record daily delivery information through the Stop Notes cell phone function or on a delivery log including mileage driven, number of stops, time per stop, fuel/maintenance purchases. Pick List MOSC delivery & pickup process followed and documentation saved for 2 months.
Product Knowledge: Develop and maintain working knowledge of existing products and new product introductions (instruments and implants) to effectively function in the field regarding proper delivery and pickups.
OSC Knowledge: Cross-train with the local warehouse OSC to learn that job and become proficient enough to cover for the warehouse if OSC is absent. Conduct daily meeting with the OSC specialist to plan next day's schedule and route. Complete Development Plans.BENEFITS:
Medical and Dental benefits, Long-term and Short-term disability, 401K and generous Paid Time Off.
Care, Courage, and Collaboration! These are the pillars that we stand on. Are these values shared by you? Then we need you as a leader on our team!
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Smith+Nephew provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Smith & Nephew is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and participates in the E-Verify Program.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Smith & Nephew is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual in the US with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Smith & Nephew's career website as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling Recruitment Support at 1-901-399-6192.