Luteman - Asphalt Raker
An Asphalt Raker is an hourly-rated skilled craft position that assists with the application of asphalt on highways/private roadways/parking lots/driveways using handheld tools.
- Understand and execute paving procedures while following instructions to meet the standards of the project.
- Responsible for the finished product while enforcing proper safety and traffic precautions.
- Prepare road surfaces for hot asphalt material.
- Distribute and rake asphalt material used in construction, repair and resurfacing.
- Finish surfaces by smoothing and tamping asphalt material to the proper grade and thickness to properly adhere material to road surface.
- Repair utility cuts by removing temporary material and replacing with permanent hot asphalt material
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a "safety first" attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Luteman.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- One (1) to three (3) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on paving.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Luteman to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds and carry at least 30 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Luteman encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high asphalt levels of noise and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as, grease, gasoline, diesel fuel and hot asphalt mix.
- Top tier medical, dental, and vision coverage with HSA option
- Healthcare FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Company-paid Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401k Retirement Plan with employer match - up to 6%
- Annual Company Stock Purchasing Offering w/company match
- Fitness Plan Incentive
- Wellness Programs, Wellness coaching and Employee Assistance Program
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.