Home-Based Role. Koch Agronomic Services, LLC is seeking a Technical Agronomist to join a dynamic team, focused on plant nutrition products in the row-crop agricultural and specialty crop market segments. The role will directly support a team of sales representatives in the Northern Plains or Corn Belt region of the US. The primary focus is to deliver technical product information and training to customers, consultants, farmers, and internal stakeholders. Secondary emphasis is to manage a regional portfolio of field trial projects within a third-party research program, to help the business evaluate existing products and new technologies. This position requires excellent communication skills and the successful candidate must be able to present technical concepts to audiences with a diverse range of agronomic knowledge. The Technical Agronomist role is expected to bring a strategic leadership perspective to the team. What You Will Do In Your Role
The Experience You Will BringRequirements:
- Take strategic ownership of a regional agronomy program with input from sales, marketing and other related capabilities.
- Educate KAS regional sales team and the sales & agronomy teams of our customers, to position KAS product offerings with a competitive agronomic advantage in the market.
- Develop relationships with customer sales and agronomy personnel, farmer/managers, researchers, and independent consultants within the region, with emphasis on strategic collaboration with key accounts in high-value territories, managing top-level relationships, and aggressive growth.
- Manage a regional portfolio of field research projects to help KAS Agronomy evaluate current and emerging products, with emphasis on highly collaborative research relationships, forward-focused technological innovation, advanced data analysis, and marketing claims development.
- Engage with the Innovation and Research & Development Teams to provide strategic thought leadership in the agronomic sector to evaluating new business opportunities and aligning the agronomic research program to long-term business need.
- Serve as an industry liaison and KAS media representative, becoming widely recognized as a thought leader and influencer at the regional and national level.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal communications and ability to manage customer relationships.
- Experience presenting technical sales information to diverse audiences, particularly in the ag retail sector
- Experience designing and conducting research trials, analyzing data, and summarizing results.
- Knowledge of soil fertility and plant nutrition products.
- Specialized knowledge in a complementary aspect of agronomy, such as biologicals, plant physiology, rhizosphere microbiology, or cropping system sustainability.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize based on value creation potential.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, SharePoint) and statistical software (R, SAS, or other).
- Certified Crop Advisor or Certified Professional Agronomist, or willing to become certified.
- 2+ years of agronomy experience
- M.S. in Agronomy or closely related area
- 5+ years of agronomy experience in corn, soybeans, wheat, small grains, canola
- 5+ years of experience delivering technical presentations
- Certified 4R Nutrient Management Specialist, or willing to certify
- Experience leading teams of people and/or programs
- Experience in ag retail or ag distribution channels
- Ph.D. in agronomy or closely related area
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
Infor does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Human Resources at 470-548-7173 and/or ADAAA@infor.com.