As an Engineering Senior Analyst on the Facilitate Employee Services team, you will work among team members responsible for how efficiently and effectively we can implement new clients onto our platform. Part of this is working with the new clients and their third-party administrators to set up data exchanges both in API as well as file exchange environments. This team is responsible for consuming customer data, managing the data quality, offering that data to our other Group area systems and partners as well as passing data back to those clients. You will leverage engineering best practices and your strong communication skills to do quality work and to drive innovation in a highly collaborative, agile atmosphere.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and support systems that capture and manage customer data.
- Acquire product knowledge to understand the complexities of the data we work with.
- Develop and maintain solid data security knowledge surrounding our systems and data.
- Develop and support integrations with our clients as well as our internal partners.
- Perform complex tasks and enhancements to our existing systems.
- Develop solutions around new technology and opportunities to partner with our clients to exchange and manage their data.
- Perform critical support functions for our business and value stream partners.
- Utilize site and performance monitoring tools like Dynatrace and Splunk for production support and triage.
- 1-3 years' experience with Spring frameworks.
- 2-4 years' experience with SQL and/or other modern database solutions.
- Technical aptitude to understand platform solutions and how those solutions integrate with other internal/external appsto support highly complex or customized Group insurance products.
- Ability to work in a modern product-focused development environment with experience using tools for code migration and deployment (GitHub), test driven development, continuous integration, and agile development processes.
- Demonstrates accountability and drives for results.
- Passion to continuously learn and improve technical skills.
- Experience with Agile principles.
- Experience with REST based apps.
#LI-hybrid **This position will be in a hybrid working arrangement.**
Physical job requirements:
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize telephone for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to perform grasping tasks throughout the entire work day (examples: handwriting, grasping of equipment/machines, paper manipulation, sorting, folding, handling stacks of paper)
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of jobs.
New hire associates, regardless of work location or job responsibilities, must be vaccinated before beginning employment; exceptions considered for medical or religious reasons provided alternative reasonable accommodations do not create an undue hardship on the business.
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We're committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan - great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public assistance, status in a local human rights commission, or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact us by telephone 651-665-5522 (voice), 711 (telecommunications relay), or by email at EmployeeRelations@securian.com.
To view our privacy statement click
To view our legal statement click
Securian Financial Group, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, or Veteran status. All applicants will be considered solely on the basis of their qualifications.