Performs a variety of routine support activities in the field service function. Responsible for providing troubleshooting and repairing of technical / mechanical equipment failures in the field. Assess and responds to situations using standard procedures in isolation and fixing problem equipment. Reports design, reliability, and maintenance problems through field service management software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshooting and repair of commercial and industrial floor cleaning equipment either in the branch shop or on location at a customer site.
- Completion of all required reporting of service work performed, time sheets, and other reports as set forth by the Branch Supervisor.
- Ensure all training and certifications required for position are maintained in an up to date and timely fashion.
- Ensuring spare parts stock level in van is kept at specified levels.
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; 5 years relevant experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years prior experience in similar or related field.
KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and communications skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrated levels of product knowledge, preferably obtained through hands-on experience.
- Demonstrated mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic system trouble shooting skills. Must possess a demonstrated understanding of internal combustion engines. Must have the ability to read, understand, and follow electrical and hydraulic schematics. Must have the ability to use a variety of basic electrical testing / diagnostic equipment, and have a thorough understanding of AC and DC electrical theory.
- Certificates / Licenses / Registrations:
- Valid Drivers License
- DOT Certification
- MS Office and business applications.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms; to stand, walk and sit; and to talk and hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level is generally moderate.
These environmental conditions may be encountered during such activities as working with operational equipment.
Let's create a cleaner future together
Clean is changing. Today, cleaning is a key contributor to health and safety, and a new clean is emerging, driven by technology and innovation. At Nilfisk we are a driving force in this development, and we work as one team with one agenda, supporting each other across an exciting, dynamic organization. Being part of Nilfisk means having the freedom to speak your mind and do what you do best. You will thrive by having a hands-on approach and the drive to bring your great ideas to life. At Nilfisk you can lead, innovate and collaborate for a cleaner future. Are you ready to make a change?
Nilfisk, Inc., is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Equal opportunity It is the policy of Nilfisk not to discriminate any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Nilfisk to take action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.