For more than 60 years, HEICO Corporation has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronic industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO's high energy culture focuses our Team Members' on providing high quality products and services to our customer base. Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our Team Members to perform at their best. For four consecutive years, Forbes Magazine ranked HEICO as one of the 200 "Best Small Companies."
The Quality Inspection Clerk will be responsible for organizing, assisting and kitting jobs and assignments for the Quality Department. Receives general instructions on work, applying job skills and company policies and procedures to complete a variety of tasks, and working on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unpacking, organizing and preparing parts for inspection.
- Maintaining accurate tooling inventory records.
- Monitoring calibration records.
- Cleaning and maintaining stored tools.
- Packaging parts in preparation for warehouse storage.
- Providing assistance with part marking.
- Providing assistance with visual, dimensional, mechanical and functional inspections on a wide variety of components & assemblies.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent required.
- At least 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
- Language/Communication: English; Excellent communication skills; Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office Applications required (Outlook, Word, Excel), Must be able to navigate company intranet to find company policies & procedures.
- Reasoning Abilities: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills, strict attention to details and ability to multitask and prioritize as necessary, with minimal supervisory direction. Must be flexible in handling multiple tasks. Continuous Improvement Mindset a must.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must work well within a team environment and independently.
- Technical Skills: Ability to use standard inspection equipment and part marking equipment under the direction of another quality inspector.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.