$500 Sign-On Bonus!
Loving Shepherd Early Learning Center is seeking a variety of Early Childhood teachers to join our supportive team of educators!
We are hiring both Assistant Teachers and Teachers for the following: Infant, Toddler, and Preschool Level Education.
We are committed to work in partnership with parents to provide the best care possible for children in a caring, Christian atmosphere. Children explore their environment and receive guidance in participation to increase self-esteem and personal success. We emphasize safe and secure age-appropriate learning.
Do you agree that young children learn most effectively when they have the opportunity to explore their environment and experience a variety of materials and situations while they play? We also believe in a responsive, developmental approach to early childhood learning which emphasizes that each child develops at their own rate, and that progress is measured individually rather than in comparison to other children in the group.
Our enrollment is open to all members of the greater Minneapolis / St. Paul community. We look forward to your application!
Your skillsets include:
- Establishing a positive Christian learning environment with regard to the individual needs of each child.
- Guiding children through age appropriate curriculum.
- Thinking on your feet and respond to each individual child's needs efficiently.
- Displaying a patient and calm personality coupled with a loving approach to every child.
- Contributing positively to the behavior and social interaction of the children.
- Building secure relationships with the children.
- Working closely with the director and assistant director to ensure that guidelines are adhered to.
- Communicating with parents their child's daily activities through the center's app.
- Reporting accidents, illnesses, and unusual behaviors of children to the director, assistant director, and parents.
Your background includes:
- A minimum of 8 credits (Assistant Teacher) or 16 credits (Teacher) in Early Childhood Education / Development, or a CDA.
- Bachelor's and Associate's Degrees welcomed.
- In progress education will be considered. We support your learning and development!
- Previous early childhood experience (preferred).
- A passion for working with preschool children.
- Patient, nurturing and thoughtful.
- Team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Maintaining discretion around children's records.
Our Benefits Package includes:
- Health Insurance (90% paid by employer and 10% paid by the employee ) includes doctor office visits, urgent care, emergency room, hospital stays, pharmacy/prescription, vision, dental, hearing, and mental health
- Disability Plan - includes maternity leave (100% paid by the center)
- Retirement Plan (100% paid by center, employee is tenured after 5 years)
- Survivor (life insurance) Plan (100% paid by center)
- Retirement Savings Plan (employee set aside money pre-tax, employee owned )
- Flexible spending account (medical and dependent care)
- Paid Holidays - New Years Day, Memorial Day, Forth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day
- Paid Time Off (PTO) (sick time and vacation time combined) - accrued at 12 hours a month starting on the first day of employment however it cannot be used until after 60 days after employment
- Paid Professional Development which includes staff meetings (conference registration fees and hourly attendance)
- Paid CPR and First Aid Training
- Paid Breaks (replaced in the room for 30 minutes each day )
- Free Meals - breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack (staff are encouraged to eat with the children and be a good role model whenever possible, however staff can also eat meals during their breaks
- Paid Prep Time / Planning Time (2 hours per week for all teachers)
In addition to this outstanding benefits package, we offer a fun work and team environment! The $500 sign on bonus will be awarded after 90 days of employment.
We look forward to you joining us! Applications are reviewed promptly and we appreciate your responsiveness.
Conveniently located just off a major north-south highway and near an east-west artery into Minneapolis, Loving Shepherd Early Learning Center (LSELC), now in its 32nd year, regularly operates at near-full capacity by providing a safe, stable learning environment for approximately 120 children of various economic and racial backgrounds. Enrolled children, who range in age from 6 weeks to 12 years, can receive full-time and part-time care.]]>
LSELC is fully licensed by the MN Department of Human Services and is accredited by National Association for Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA). Loving Shepherd is also a 4-Star Parent Aware program in Minnesota. The daylong program is a nonprofit ministry that operates under the direction of Golden Valley Lutheran Church and a board of directors.
Like most organizations, it has crafted a mission statement that guides the overall philosophy of its existence. It reads: "Loving Shepherd Early Learning Center exists to provide Christian nurture, support and education to parents and children, so that they may know Jesus and touch the lives of others with His love."